1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Freaking Stupid Acers!!!

Discussion in 'Social' started by becvan, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Okay, I'm am full-blown pissed off now.

Stupid Acer comes with the drive partioned into two drives: C and D. Had my PC wiped awhile ago to get rid of it. Now I tried it myself with the stupid, freaking, bloody laptop and the stupid, freaking thing will NOT get rid of the drives. There is no bloody way to get in and just reformat like a normal computer. So, now the laptop has to go to the stupid freaking computer expert just to get rid of the stupid, freaking, bloody mirror drives (which I hate because it just slooooooowwwwwsssss down your computer for no good reason at all) and the stupid, freaking, bloody computer has no decent XP disk. ohhhhh noooo, we have to have some stupid recovery disk that has no use whatsoever... then I also forgot what the heck my key for my wireless network is and have to beg and plead for my said computer expert to again share it with me.. OMG I could just kill this thing... I can't even renetwork the stupid, freaking, bloody, cursed computers until I solve all of this.

DO YOU HEAR ME ACER??? YOU SUCK *SS!!! :stupid::gunem-dow:hit-boss::angry-fla

stomps off to her corner: bec

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

Well, I'm sitting on my laptop again. I brought it to my buddy and away we went. Turns out the disks provided with my Acer laptop are "ghosts" so they are completely useless if you need to change to factory set up. It took him over two hours to format it, download drivers etc.. A total of seven hours for me to get this completely set up. What a freaking mess. I'm much calmer now though. It's running smoothly and quickly. I probably should have done this months ago. It's a good thing I don't smash stuff! LOL, I'd probably have had to buy a new laptop after the past two days!!

Bec

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Yep... I know what your saying. Setting up computers drive me nuts... and I know what I'm doing with them... Go figure!

I must say though, partitioning a drive is sensible from a geeky prospective, because if you do it right, not just halve it, you leave about 5GB as a C:, then the rest D:, so if your system falls over and crashes, you install and keep all files on D: and just reformat C: or reinstall the OS, never having to lose any information. Yes, you do have to reinstall each application so the parts that go into the OS are there again, but atleast NO information gets lost what so ever.

5. becvan

Yeah, that would make sense, but Acer does it 50%. What a mess to clean up. At least both are fixed now and no more mess with it!!

Bec