1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Freaky Recurring Dream - People Change in Height and Weight

Discussion in 'General' started by becvan, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Okay I wasn't sure where to post this but I want to post this before I forget about it again.

i've had this freaky dream for as long as I can remember. i have it about once a month (with no particular pattern to it that I can see). It makes me very anxious (okay understatement) just thinking about it and it wakes me in terror. Now, no laughing...

My dream is a bunch of regular people (they are completely random, all adults, men and women, probably around a half dozen or so) in a completely white background. There are no walls, ceilings, floors nothing. It's just all white and these people. The people go short and fat, thin and tall. Repeatedly. That's it, that's the dream that scares the pants off of me.

Sometimes, I feel as if my body parts do this too. Right as I'm falling asleep. I don't have this dream if my body feels as if i'm being squished then stretched (but it's only one body part at a time, like my feet or hands.) This also creeps me right out. I try and squeeze my eyes shut to make it stop.

WHAT IS THIS?? Why does this scare me? How could this possibly be related to trauma?

bec

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

hi Bec,

Don't remember if you've ever said you have been hospitalized as a result of your trauma. (my bad memory, sorry!) Most things are white, including the clothes a lot of folks wear. Just a thought. :dontknow: Maybe way off base.

If you were unconscious, you would have still be aware.

D (wildcritter)

4. willing

willing Active Member

What freaks you out the white or the people? When analyzing my dreams that make no sense I go to the feeling. Isolate parts of the dream and then try to see what comes from each. Many times I can actually follow a dream further when I start to break each segment down asking each to reveal what it is to me. Then I can get both the good and the freaky instead of it all as freaky. It takes some of its power away when I can see the good parts or not freaky parts.

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

The fact that they are squishing short and fat then tall and thin. I have no idea why.

i don't think i was in a hospital but who knows? I have amnesia from age 14 down, although I've recovered (naturally) some memories from before then.

bec