1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Friend

Discussion in 'Death' started by opserjay, Nov 13, 2017.

1. opserjay

opserjay New Member

When i was a kid I went through some pretty messed up stuff. I saw my first dead body at seven and saw someone get shot and die at nine. Theres plenty of messed up gang stuff where I live. I've learned to live with it. But a couple weeks ago I was walking to school with my best friend, more of a brother, and shots started going off. He got hit along with a 5 year old girl and a couple other people. I just cant get the though out of my head. I got disagnosed with ptsd and Ive just been strugling. Yesterday I found out that it was a drug deal gone wrong and the kid that shot my friend was 15 years old. Not old enough to drive. How to be ok from this?

Rosie11 and Rain like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Rain

Rain Believe the children Premium Member

I do not know how, thinking of you:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

ladee likes this.
  4. ladee

ladee All the hard work has been worth it ! Premium Member

Welcome to a safe place to share your pain and confusion. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I am sorry for the loss of a childhood you never got to have.... we are here for you. You are not alone... sending gentle hugs if you accept.

scout86 and Rain like this.
  5. opserjay

opserjay New Member

thanks, really

ladee and Rain like this.
  6. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

I'm so sorry....

Rain and ladee like this.
  7. Rosie11

Rosie11 Active Member

I am so very sorry :( I want you to know you aren't alone in this:hug::hug::hug: I was also exposed to similar situations at a young age. Two people responsible for killing my friend were 17 and 15. Its a long process, and I can't find the words to tell you how sorry I am you had to experience this and loose your friend it is so painful, I am glad that you are here and that you found this site, we are here for you:hug:

Rain, ladee and Freida like this.
Show Sidebar