• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Frustrated - Evie Retreats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim that is great that she has realised on her own that she was overdoing it. It seems like she can see the signs whereas hubby cant seem to notice the signs enough.

Don't give up on your husband Jen, Evie is only in the "baby stages" of being aware of herself in our opinions. We are very proud of her for this latest realization, however she has been pushing herself to the extreme for months when it comes to therapy. And prior to being in therapy, she pushed herself too hard in other respects, almost daily, for nearly 5 years. It has destroyed her physical health. I believe this is the primary reason she is becoming aware, she now sees how ill she is physically and comprehends the part she personally plays in that. The doctors all tell us had she not run off like she did, she could have had her corrective surgery very soon after the shooting, and be quite normal now. But sadly, the PTSD overcame her and she has in effect exacerbated her own chronic illness. It is a very bitter pill to swallow. She is beginning to realize it and as a result is having a break from therapy. It has hit her hard.

To return to the point however, I am saying it's taken Evie several years to reach this point, so never give up, your husband will reach it too I am sure. But hopefully before his health is compromised.

School holidays are coming up this week for us which means a busy time for us with extra kids etc. I'll just wait for hubby to see his cup is way too full, try to shut down but will feel guilty for doing so & the next phase begins....

Good luck with that Jodee, it will be much work I'm sure. I remember years ago when I had 4 bored kids wanting to be entertained during holidays and a grumpy husband who was either absent due to work or didn't wish to help out. :rolleyes:

To return to the point however, I am saying it's taken Evie several years to reach this point, so never give up, your husband will reach it too I am sure. But hopefully before his health is compromised.

Thanks Kathy I hope you are right! He is going to see a Pysch today we have changed doctors the last one was hopeless so hopefully this one will be a bit better!
Jen

I had 4 bored kids wanting to be entertained during holidays and a grumpy husband who was either absent due to work or didn't wish to help out. :rolleyes:

Grumpy? Find that hard to believe. ;-) Ah well. Must admit, the kids did well growing up without a full time dad. Was absent a lot of the time. They are the pride of my life but I always tell them, "Be yourselves and thank your mother". Didn't have much time with me in the early years.

Agree with my wife Jen. Give it time, your husband will come around. Hope the new psychiatrist works out well for your both. Difficult to get a good one of those.

Jim.

Thanks Jim he said he had a good chat with him and he has put him on different medication we will see how it goes? My kids had a lot of early years without their Dad as well and they coped!
Jen

Hi Jen
Glad to hear your hubby was comfortable with his new doc.
Just remember to look out for any new side effects with the new meds.
Hope your getting better.

Hi Jods yeh I am getting better slowly I have good days then a bad day gets thrown in every now and then.
Side effects hey I hope some good ones show up:think:
Jen

If you find that they have a good side effect, let me know & I'll ask the doc to change hubbys!:thumbs-up

Hi Jim he is on heaps of different medications for different problems. The one he has just been prescribed I think it is an anti depressant is Edronax?
Jen

Hi Jen
Haven't heard of edronax, hope it helps your hubby. Just got to wait for them to kick in now......
Hope it works out well for him.

Please take care & rest up, don't do anything silly. You'll be back playing golf soon enough. So how's YOUR new bedroom coming along

My new bedroom is coming along nicely thanks Jods:occasion:
I walked 4 fairways over at golf today and felt ok I only walked with a friend I wont hit the ball yet!
Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back