• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadeaway

MyPTSD Pro
To my grandfather.

You weren't really my grandfather. I knew that then and know that now. There was no blood to connect us. Yet you were the closest thing I had to a parent.

You were a quiet man, but intimidating. When I was a kid I thought you were a giant. I was terrified of you but at the same time I worshiped the ground you walked on.

You were my hero. I wanted to be just like you. You could fix anything and invent anything. You put Mac Gyver to shame. I always felt so proud when people would say that I must have taken after you. I loved that people thought I looked like you. I would watch you work on your inventions in your shop and watched what you would do so I could learn. I know you thought because I was a girl I had no business working with tools, but I wish you could have appreciated everything I learned from you.

My two best memories from child hood are because you you. Twice you picked me up. I was thrilled both times. It was one of the few rare displays of affection I ever received as a child. The best was when you picked me up to take me to bed. You let me touch the top of the door frame. The exhilaration I felt is something I will never forget. You dropped me on to my bed and I bounced. It probably never seemed like a big deal for you but for me it my first real taste of fun and and attention.

In little ways you showed me that you cared more than any one else.

I haven't gotten a chance to finish this because of lot's of stuff but posting this now

Dear Fadeway (and Gungnir), It's around 05:45 a.m. where I live, and it's right after our gathering in memoriam for your beloved Grandfather. I just wanted to share with you, that the birds have started to sing their beautiful songs - And their songs sound like a promise of life and strong hope. I can't describe it better. But it really got to my heart, when I opened the windows and heard them sing so lovely.

Thank you, for sharing your precious memories of Andy with us. I could really feel his great personality in your words. - Respectfully sending my sincerest thoughts and wishes for deep inner peace your way. And I truly wish, that one day, joy will gently touch your heart again...

@Fadeaway ...it was a beautiful on-line ceremony with so many folks that were touched by you and your husband sharing memories of Andy. This thread offers even a little more joy for me to hold in honor as well as respect. Thank you for being you.:hug:

@TreeHugger your offer above really touched my heart as well. I leave this thread tonight hearing the songs of Spring and carrying an innerlight.

@Fadeaway , there are no words for such a loss and your not being able to properly express (personally) your grief. My wish is that this process has given you some sense of peace. I am certain that your grandfather is so proud of you. I don't know if you believe in guardian angels, but I do.

@Fadeaway

I'm so sorry I missed the online Funeral, I would have liked to be their for you, I was sitting with my mum she isn't very well . He will always be in your heart, my dad was just like him he could fix anything to. I hope this helps you to start to heal.

Take care we are all here with you

Sammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back