1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Furry Friends and such II......

Discussion in 'Social' started by Portabella, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I am curious as to the type pets people on here have. We all agreed they are comforting...But, what breeds do you have, names, personality, lets talk about pets.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I have a very old giant Great Pyrenees named "Ellie". She is a throw rug that eats. She is just too old to do anything any more. She is on marriage 3 with me ;) Better with dogs than men I guess...

Cookie is a black and tan mutt who is almost 4. Very protective and very sensitive to how I feel, recognizes panic.

"Precious" is a demonic cat. Severely abused is why he is so mean. I got him at a year old when I saw him touched and his side basically "blow out" from a bad infection. A few surgeries he is well now and mean as hell. He is about 6 years old now.

June, a couple years old was a barn cat I have indoors now. Very nice normal cat.

Harley, I assume is very inbred and not a year old yet. She is a cat too and very pretty. Way too needy attention wise. Very small and pretty damn stupid. But very sweet. Got her when they had her locked up in a cage at about 2 weeks old in front of the feed store, they said they were disposing of her so I took her home and raised her.

And my all time baby is Pearl, a bantam Cochin hen. She likes to sit on my shoulder and "talks and coos". She also likes to give chicken kisses. She lives in a parrot cage since I left my farm. She has a buddy name Opal who is a white silkie hen I kept for her to keep her company.

May sound like a lot but compared to my much missed farm it is very few of my babies I have left.

4. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

3 year old male AmStaff (Americain Staffordshire Terrier) he's convinced he's my personal body guard, lol, goes absolutly everywhere with me. I don't like driving anywhere (leaving the house) without him seatbelted beside me.

10 year old female MinPin (Miniature Pincher) she is very nuturing and snuggly. She had puppies years ago, so she acts like she's everyones mother, lol. Doesn't say much, at least until someone misbehaves.

14 year old green iguana. 4 1/2 feet long and very quiet. She loves baths and being rubbed... but she's not so generous on giving affection, lol.

2 leopard geckos, they look cool... they are tame, yet would rather stay hidden in their house than be out in the scary world. (hermit scardy-cats like me, lol)

A bunch of marine fish/shrimp/crabs/starfish in my salt-water tank. They give me hours of entertainment :)

5. Portabella

That is hysterical!!!!

6. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I have a border collie/black lab. She's about 55 lbs and as neurotic as I am! She's very protective of me and Matt and is my big baby. She has the adorable border collie ears and a tail that curls right over her back. She loves to sing for coffee and she howls through her balls, which makes her sound like a foghorn. She is my entertainment 99% of the time. Her name is Cougar.

I have "adopted" pets also, that don't live here. My dad has a dog and a cat. The dog is Buster. He's very short but stocky and very protective. I love him to peices. The cat is Patches and she is a snot.. but a loving one. She's my kitty. I groom her and cut her nails. I babysit the animals often when my parents go on trips and they babysit Cougie for me. It's funny cause Buster is not allowed on furniture, but Cougar sleeps with me here. So when I go out there, Matt gets to sleep in my parents bed and I get a little itty bitty cot. I wake up with the cat around my neck and 55 lb & 85 lb dogs sleeping on top of me. I can barely breathe. It's rather priceless.

I am one of those people that knows every dogs name for five streets in any direction and always stop to pet or play with them when walking by. Animals know I'm a sucker from two blocks away!

Love them all to pieces.

bec

7. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Veiled, I absolutely LOVE Great Pyreneese!
    For myself, I have a 13 years old Cocker, whom I rescued after her owners moved back to Russia and left the dog. Also, a large grey cat, named Captain Grey or CG. He was my first pet in the US, I picked from the street. Next coming Joe Black, a very big pure black cat, strong and sooooo sweet... He can lay on my laps for hours. He is my buddy. Then, I have a Guinea pig, rescued form a bad home. She presented in the animal hospital where I was working, covered with wounds and maggots, bone-skinny, barely alive. We had to place an IV catheter and do other fance stuff to save her. Her anme is Amber, and I love her.

8. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

I have two greyhounds and one cane corso. I love my rabbits (I call my dogs rabbits - an affectionate term). My husband and I fostered about 10 greyhounds over a two year period.... my two hounds - Hannah and Strategy were two of our fosters. The corso, Samson, my husband found wandering around in the rain. When the owner EVENTUALLY got around to contacting us.... he saw how much Samson loved my husband and he let us keep him.

My dogs, esp Strategy, whom I call Snopy alot of the time, have helped me face and actively work on rage issues as well as normalizing being emotionally vulnerable. When I used to have really bad anxiety attacks, Snoopy would come right up in my face and look me straight n the eyes... he would actually pick up on when I was about to have a bad one. The love and concern in his eyes is so comforting and humbling. He is a mama's boy.

I couldn't imagine not having my babies. Esp since I don't have kids yet.

9. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

I have my rattie girls, Silk (black hoodie) and Whisp (cinnamin agouti hoodie) they be my babies and I love them and they me, to pieces.

Ummm, Portabella, you wouldn't happen to visit the goosemoose forums?

10. Portabella

No, but you have peaked my curiosity? What is the goosemoose? I go on the Veggieboards for help with my doing away with meat from my diet. I also talk on Glocktalk once in a while, great for recipe's and if you are having issues with your firearms. (Quite a combo there huh). But that is about all other than Signaltwo which is a forum of old law enforcement friends that is cheaper than having to call each other.

But....Now you must tell me what is goose moose? I am going to go look. I like the name!!!

11. Portabella

I found Goose Moose. I also registered, its obviously for animal lovers, I am definately an animal person.

So....my pets
    Barkley-18 y.o. large toy poodle, once was red in color but now is faded brown/red with gray. He is my baby.

Jo Jo-Approx. 6 y.o. large white dog. Looks like one of the dogs in the movie eight below. She is white with the curl up tail. She was severely abused by someone and I picked her up off the streets 4 years ago, she was pregnant and all bones, her feet were bleeding from the hot pavement and she hates men. She is fearful of all strangers and is very meek.

Then there is Frankie-Fawn Pug-If a dog could have A.D.D. my darling Frank fits the bill. He will not come when called, he will not even look at you. He too was a rescue and when I got him I had to bring him to the vet immediately, he had cockle burrs in both eyes imbedded, his eyes were abcessed and the vet had to sew them shut to try and save them. Well, he is a big baby now, terribly spoiled and won't listen worth a hoot.

Puss Puss-A 20 year old tortoise shell Tabby. She is psycho, she only recently is letting me pet her without drawing blood. Yeah, she has been trying. My son thinks that she is senile and that is why she lets me pet her. Puss Puss was in an abusive home, had her tail broken in multiple places, had her head kicked so we have been fighting blindness her whole life. She was in a fire with approx. 70 + other cats and most that survived were adoptable. Puss Puss was going to have a death sentence, I took her.

Squeakers-Apricot smoothcoat cat- Rescued off the road approx. 3 years ago. Squeakers was 2 weeks old and her mom got hit by a car. She stayed by her mom, animal control could not handle him, he needed feeding every two hours and bit like a little bastard as he was ferrel at the time.

Beautrix- Male Peruvian Guinea Pig

Viscious- The Goldfish

12. Eagle3

Eagle3 Well-Known Member

I have a German Shep/Golden Retriever mix. He's 16 mo. and 125 pounds. My family loves him, and when I can be emotionally "with it" I love him too. He loves to wrestle, and so do I, but he's free w/ his teeth with me...I don't mind it cause he doesn't bite down hard, but Mom doesn't like his using teeth AT ALL, so we don't wrestle that much. He's my first dog, and I'm going to get more when I move out...if I can manage to be a little more emotionally connected.

He's black w/ soft brown patches behind his floppy ears, and a really thick-furred tail that he doesn't mind my pulling on when playing. He is a great watch dog, but a real wuss if anything scares him, and lots of things scare him, especially loud noises. He loves to play soccer and will dribble the ball w/ his front feet before biting the ball or sitting on it so you can't kick it. We also can't keep him out of the water.

13. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

The good and the bad

I was so tickled that Spring is getting here... My hen pearl laid an egg today (so chicken winter break is over)! And my lil' girl is a farm girl even if I did not realize it. She held the egg so gingerly (even at 3) and as we walked to the kitchen she said mommy, is there a chick inside? I hatched tonnes of eggs so it is just second nature to assume there is a chick. She helped me with my hatching from the get go. Debating offering it as a service. The normal rate is 50/50 split of hatch and I can sell chicks to feed stores or do commission...

Down side my old girl Ellie having issues "holding" started peeing blood today on the floor. So vet visit soon (hope Monday). I will be delaying my doc for her. It happened a couple years ago and since I have a bit of a clue with animals I hope to just tell the vet what I need to treat her and not run bills up. Just not my first rodeo. I hate going to vets for things I know is wrong and shell out major money for shit I know what is wrong and how to treat... Just need vet script.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar