• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Games Used to Treat PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
Gamasutra reports that Full Spectrum Warrior is being used to treat PTSD in war veterans.

"The idea being to be in the high-stimulus environment for a long period of time, maintaining low psycho-physiological arousal," commented Dennis Wood, a doctor at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego, California where the treatment is currently being tested on noncombat personnel. "The person then can take that learning in the therapeutic environment and transport it out or generalize it to day-to-day life."

I am all for this. Not only because it devillainizes games to have them be used therapeutically, but because I've seen this particular method work. My father is Vietnam veteran and avid gamer, and he maintains that gaming has helped in the treatment of his PTSD immensely.

Source: Kotaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back