• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Gearing up for bad anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaOwl

MyPTSD Pro
I feel like hiding myself in the sand. Since I've been (physically) sick the past couple of weeks, Ive been missing a lot of the news that pops up online... but that doesn't change the fact of that bad September day.

- I can't say (or write) some things, either. It's not just SA that causes it. I think it's some way of separating oneself, no matter what the trauma is.

Sorry for anyone who is affected by this time of year, and sorry for anyone and everyone who went through hell - some of the worst things (hearing thuds, for example), up to and including those who watched tv footage and news coverage.

Sad day. I have about 52 weeks of sad days and the one that is fast approaching is the worst and I dread it. (Not to be overly dramatic or anything!)

That's all. I just wanted to say that.

:hug: :hug: Glad you expressed yourself as that took courage to be vulnerable. I am so sorry for your pain.

I am not advocating an override of your trauma date by substitution, however, I have slowly added an ritual for those times:
*comfort food... ready and accessible -like mac and cheeses or mash potatoes
*lots of chocolate or salty choices
*binge worthy DVD's (@Cannottakethis :tup:
*candles that can burn safely for an Day (big arsh candles) w/plate underneath
*my plush comfort item to squish ferociously to stay present and increase my oxytocin
*chosen isolation (@EveHarrington :tup:
*a box of super soft tissues for acknowledgement (seems if I have them out I cry less:rolleyes:

And a few friends for reach out (if you need us) we are here:hug::hug:

My sad day anniversary comes in November. There's like two days or so in that month, if not three.

I've learned to set boundaries on those days. IE. no going with X friend since they won't help.
It sucks. I'm sorry you have anniversary days coming up.
I use slime lately to help. If it's an SA anniversary (which mine is coming up) I do safe things (ie. cuddle in a blanket with plushies/stuffed animals; I also won't shower that day because it will be too triggering, and play positive healing music)

I wish you the best hun

October used to be my difficult month...and I used to love fall!
Last October went well! A surprise to me, a very pleasant one...
My hope for you Allie D. is a peace filled day, tender words and kind friends to be present to you.
And...that someday you will also notice a change in this difficult time of year. K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back