• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Genralized venting, complianing, and mind scratching here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadeaway

MyPTSD Pro
Phone trees driving you nuts? Pushy sales man? Bizarre neighbor? Can't find the shoes you want in your size? Not bad enough for the swear thread, but still want to complain?

Here is mine to start. I usually handle the bills even the ones that are solely in my husbands name. I am an authorized user on one of my husbands accounts have have always dealt with the company myself. I tried making a payment and the woman told me she needed to speak to my husband for that. I told her that due to his work hours he is unable to call during business hours so I am doing it for him. She actually told me that a man shouldn't leave those types of responsibilities to a woman!

As my husband said, "If she doesn't think that is woman's work, why does she work in finance?" I think someone needs to update her calendar, it is 2017 not 1917.

Snort. Reminds me of when my East Coast insurance company (I'm on the west coast) told me that they "wouldn't pay for my sex life" when I called to find out what my massage benefits were :banghead: :mad:

Notice To East Coast Idiots : Out here? Physical Therapists (masters degrees and above) & LMPs specializing in Sports Medicine ...are not hookers.

Nothing against sex pros, mind. But we're talking radically different jobs.

Also nothing against the East Coast. I actually prefer it out there 99:100. But apparently? "Massage" means different things :O_o: Out here? It's code for... Massage. Not sex. Truly. Swedish, Thai, deep tissue, sports med, hot stone, all of it, not code for anything. Except itself. Sad endings.

Can I say how much I miss my 10% copay? OMFG. $7 - $15 massages. I almost felt human, again. Also -stupid insurance company- you would have saved about $1500 a month on migraine meds, if you'd had massage benefits. Just me, looking out for your bottom line, and all. Which -also?- not code. Morons.

Last edited:
I've come across this once. Damnedest thing, coming from a woman. We managed a impromptu upsetting of her apple cart, so it all worked out well. Still have a hard time getting my head around the concept of a misogynistic woman.

Here's the story: (Absolutely true)
Long, long time ago I was a gas station attendant. The place I was working at did full serve.
The new girl I'd trained over the last couple weeks came over to me from another customer to ask me to take over for her. I asked "why?"
She told me this woman was refusing to be served by her, because a woman can't possibly know anything about cars, so she wanted a male attendant.
I asked rhetorically "The f*ck...? Really...?"

*ding* Evil idea popped into my brain suddenly.
I told the new girl "Follow me. Play along."
She looked confused but followed after me.
Got to the misogynistic lady's window. "Hello ma'am. How can I help you?" I asked.
Her response was priceless. "Oh good. I told that young lady to get you to check my oil, because a woman can't do it properly, being mens work." "Umm.... ok... sure. Pop the front lid thingy, if you please?" I stammered in response.
She pulled the hood release. I spent an inordinate amount of time faffing about for the latch, finally giving up and asking the new girl "how do you get these bloody things open again?" Because the gods of equality were smiling on me that day, the new girl caught on instantly to what I was planning.
"Oh. Here let me show you again" she said.
I leaned over to speak to the misogynistic lady's window, to tell her "Sorry, I'm new at this." Before she could respond, I disappeared back under the hood. :sneaky:
I asked the new girl "Ok. So the oil stick thingy is this red one down here right?"
"No. No. That's the transmission. It's this one."
"Oh. Right, right. Of course. How silly of me."

This went on like that for the oil check and subsequent adding of a needed quart of oil. All at a volume the misogynistic lady would absolutely overhear. Hee hee.

The lady was looking more and more concerned as this carried on, but she never objected to anything. Finally after all was done and paid, I handed her the receipt. But not before saying.
"I am so glad *New Girl* was the one to train me on this stuff. I'm bloody hopeless with cars."
Misogynistic Lady, didn't say another word. But the look of utter horror on her face said it all.

I bought the new girl a coffee for her sharp as a tack sense of good wholesome fun.
That was a popular story around the shop for quite a while after that. :D

Never saw the Misogynistic lady again. Haha!
Hopefully she evolved a little after that experience.

Hope you don't mind me putting that story in your thread @Fadeaway

I live in a rural community in Central Texas, where women were the pioneers in 'getting things done'.... They work cattle, drive the tractors cutting hay, all the 'men' stuff, right along with their husbands... and after their husbands die... they keep these places running.. can hear one say, " awww loord, moooove out tha way, If I want this dun right, I'll have to do it myself' !! They don't suffer fools lightly !!!

Me: 911 what is the address of your emergency

Her: Yes -- I need to talk to the deputy...(insert stupid thing here....cable is out, kids wont go to bed, cat ran away, don't like the color of neighbors house ...you name it we've heard it)

Me: I'm sorry - but this is not a police response.

Her: I demand you send someone to help me! I pay your salary (yea, I need a raise) and you need to send an deputy to my house right now! rant rant rave rave

Me to co worker ---Hey Mike, grab line 2

Mike: (interrupts her rant) I'm sorry - but this is not a police response

Her: Oh...why thank you for letting me know sir...I'm very sorry I called and wasted your time.

Are you freaking kidding me?!!!!

I used to be an office manager/counter sales/delivery driver/paint mixer at an auto parts store.

Quite often, most especially over the phone, folks would request to speak to a male when seeking specific parts.

I'd transfer them to my co-workers and more often than not, lol, they'd eventually tell the person to hold on so they could transfer them to someone more knowledgeable, and they'd kick them right back to me.

It was more entertaining when it happened in person, though.

Once a mindset finds a highly conditioned groove, it holds on like a mofo, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back