• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Getting impossible to pee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spine has been historically difficult to operate on because scar tissue glows around the site and in and of itself puts pressure on the nerves.

Uh huh. Fibrosis. Until my MRI is read next week fibrosis is my biggest issue in my back (on my spine) at the moment which is FRUSTRATING as there is nothing that can be done. It builds and builds, pushing harder and harder on the nerves until I have zero feeling in my legs. It cannot be removed as it will just come right back and then scar tissue will build onto of more scar tissue. UGH!

It's still difficult @KwanYingirl but the sounds of water on my phone helps. I had no idea there where youtube videos to help one pee. I should of thought of that.

Just as much pee down my legs though. Issue there is my bladder doesn't fully empty the first time I release. It takes a few times. And no matter how long I wait, or how much I push, it seems standing up forces the remainder out though I am not meaning to release the remainder.

Stupid damaged nerves causes loss of feeling down there and it just all sucks!

Issue there is my bladder doesn't fully empty the first time I release.

You not alone as i share same issue. Usually i do pee or try and afterwards walk away...then hello hello why is lil junior crying tears...Black underwear is ignorant bliss.

Dr said nerve tissue can heal but very slowly.

Did you get your new results read?

Dr said nerve tissue can heal but very slowly.

And, I was told that too and since the fall in 2009 that caused the nerve damage zero healing and it has gotten worse. Way worse. I am now loosing feeling in my hands and feet. All due to the nerve damage. I knew I would eventually not be able to feel my legs and feet but I had no idea it would affect my hands. The nerve damage is around the L5 S1 veterbrea, the lowest one in your back in your lumbar area due to landing on my butt/low back area and shattering the disc there.

Did you get your new results read

I did and there is no change in my MRI of the lumbar area of my back but the pain doctor said there doesn't have to be change for all of this to happen. We were just concerned at how fast I am tumbling downward starting a few months ago. We expect it to get worse and I was told 2 yrs ago when this pain pump was put in that I will likely loose the ability to walk and could loose it in as little as 5 yrs. Its been 2 and I can see that happening much sooner then 5 yrs (or 3 more yrs).

He refered me to a surgeon for a fusion (and to remove the damaged left over disc). That surgeon has not called yet and it was something that was going to take time to write up and so i dont have that surgeon's number. Will call the pain dr today and see if they sent it and get the surgeon's number.

Oh dear... sorry. It sure sounds like you are doing everything you can. Waiting for surgeon is difficult..hoping waiting.. wondering...forgetting...remembering...waiting...

I too am waiting for surgeon consult L5/L6 (weird but true) /S1 and the doctor straight up told me it is going to be a long time. I have to learn to live with the pain and the limitations.

I recently was talking to another patient 7years post injury similar symptoms like peeing troubles. She told me she went to a low carb healthy fatty diet and took a B Vitamin called BenFotamene (spelling??) along with acupuncture. It is inspiring to hear she somehow avoided further surgury.

Healing thoughts to you

I too am waiting for surgeon consult L5/L6 (weird but true) /S1 and the doctor straight up told me it is going to be a long time. I have to learn to live with the pain and the limitations.

L5/S1 is a common trouble place. Or the lumbar in general. I knew after the accident I would be in pain forever and would not be able to do things I did pre-accident. And I'm ok with that. I have come to terms with it. So, I cant ride a bike or sleep in a bed (I sleep in a recliner), or walk my dog, (or many other things), and I am ok with being limited. I've been limited since 2009. But, being as limited as I am today, which has happened over the last few months, I'm not ok with. Just a few months ago I could take Chopper (my service dog in training) to Walmart and walk around training & shopping for 20 mins. It would end in me hardly able to walk but I could do it. Today I am not even sure I could walk from my car to the door let alone walk around the store. Im eating junk from Walgreens as its the only place I can walk around. Chopper isn't trained for the electric cart they have there. I've been wanting to train it but I have to walk there and walk/stand/possibly bend to train him around it. I want to go to Lowes to train it since they are pet friendly but, yeah, just getting there to train it and walking that much, even if I just get in the cart and allow him to figure out how to walk with it in his own, is just too much. And an electric cart is 100% needed if I am to get around Walmart, Target, or any grocery store.

I recently was talking to another patient 7years post injury similar symptoms like peeing troubles. She told me she went to a low carb healthy fatty diet and took a B Vitamin called BenFotamene (spelling??) along with acupuncture. It is inspiring to hear she somehow avoided further surgury.

Being that I've already had 2 back surgeries, I am terrified that this one will make me worse. But, to be honest, I can't really get worse unless it straight up paralyzes ms. But a fusion does scare me but we are at that place where I cant get much worse really and so I am open to anything.

I took niacin for years being told it helps to heal damaged nerves. Nope. I do need to eat healthier and loose weight. Most of it is gained due to Seriquel XR. But one needs to be able to get groceries and I advised why i can't seem to do that above...which is frustrating. My therapist says Publix delivers so might try that. Not real sure yet. Publix is expensive but Aldi (where I would normally shop if not at Walmart) doesn't have carts. So, I dont know.

I wish the dang surgeon would call. I didnt have a chance to call my pain dr yet. I want to know what a surgeon says about it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back