1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Getting There! Hubby Progressing in Baby Steps

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Jen, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi Anthony hope Kerri Anne, Bub and yourself are starting to feel better.

Hubby has one more week to go I tested him this morning and didnt ring him to get out of bed I didnt have to he managed to drag himself out and go to clinic without wife nagging him.
    He said 4 guys from different Cohorts came and spoke to them yesterday everyone of them said they had a relapse about a week after the course had finished as the course wasnt there to support them anymore.
    Should I be worried? What signs should I look for? Xmas coming up hopefully he can hold it together!
    Jen

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Jen, don't be worried, its very normal. Relapse is the time where you have to give them a little room in order to learn, but not too much where excuses become habit. If he feels unwell, then drag him out of bed, have a shower and leave him go... The main thing really is, that it doesn't become habit, ie. sit in the low and accept it, instead of pulling his way up and out of the rut. He will relapse lots, as he has already during his life. One day is good, the next bad, etc etc. The more he works on his trauma, the longer the good days remain, the bad days get shorter. If he does nothing, then nothing much will change overall, or for the long term.

The course provides the education (tools), it is not his choice whether to use it, or lose it.

4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks Anthony when he said that last night my first impression was shit do I have that to look forward to!
    As you said as long as he drags himself out of relapses when they occur I will attempt to help but it is up to him.
    Did you go and see Elton John? I am going to see Robbie Williams next week down in Brissy with my daughter:)
    Jen

5. anthony

Not yet... went to the Wiggles today, Elton John tomorrow night, kylie minogue next week, and robbie williams the following week I think!

Tell me how his show is... pretty please!

6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hey blow Elton a kiss for me I love him always have!
    I hear a rumour that Robbies Melbourne concert may be his last live performance for a long time so should be good.
    Jen

7. anthony

Yep, that is why I got tickets to the last show.... because they reckon we won't see him again for another 5+ years... I am hopeing he saved the best til last.

8. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hubby reckons if you blow a kiss to Elton he will think your coming on to him:smile:
    How is Kerri Anne going?
    Jen

9. anthony

Elton was fantastic... a good mix of old and new, he did an encore this time, which is just standard IMHO, but didn't last tour apparently, which he got shit reviews all round for. This one was brilliant...

Kerrie is doing ok... recovering, getting on with things.

10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Im glad you enjoyed the show Anthony I have seen him a few times and he puts on a good show.

Shitty weekend hubby didnt get out of bed till mid afternoon both days. Didnt want to go to a bbq that we were invited to.
    I cleaned out a shed which was right near his bedroom you would think that would have moved him but no he just migrated to another room.
    Got out of bed in time to help me go to the dump.:mad:

11. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen
    When do you see Robbie? Hubby's ex saw him in Adel & said it was fantastic. Hope you & your daughter have a great time away in Brissy!

12. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hey Jods I am flying down to Brissy tomorrow and seeing Robbie Thursday night my daughter and I are really looking forward to it.
    Glad to be getting away for a couple of days Hubby seems to be going backwards at the moment I have got someone else to look after the business while I am away he has 2 days left at the clinic, Cant seem to drag his butt out of bed so dont know if he will go?
    Anyway I will be 2000ks away and I am NOT going to worry about him:dont-know
    Jen

13. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen

Hope you & your daughter have a great time away!:thumbs-up

It is YOU time so dont worry about hubby, let him do what he's going to do:sleep:

Just promise me you will have fun!