• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Global Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the above, just never heard bugger put behind it though! Confused me a bit.

Scott, the picture you paint of the UK must be the 'up north' version. Down here more and more people are driving 'Chelsea tractors' (4x4s) the bigger the better it seems. The are tearing up the country lanes and destroying the countryside, the roads weren't built for such big cars. People again, buy them because they 'feel' safe when in fact the test results show they aren't, we are safer in a salon car and pedestrains, in particular children, are much more likely to survive if hit by a car compared to a 4x4.

Anthony, electric cars are much more common in London. I think its a honda that runs on both petrol and electrictity. They get benefits on car tax and also dont have to pay the congestion charge to get into the city centre.

There was a motorbike on tv last week that only emits hydrogen. Completely non polluting. Only problem is we still need fossel fuels to prduce hydrogen at the moment. A bit of a drawback.

Hi Claire, we have the same problems up here with people and there 4x4s. We call them the Kelvinside (posh area of Glasgow) mob. They do the school run, with them.
Scott

:rofl: very funny! Yes, they do the school run with them here too. In fact they're carving up the grass just outside my house as we speak! Seems they dont have a reverse gear! either that or they are so keen to 'off road' they cant wait for the opportunity. Most 'off road' they usually get is up a kerb!:biggrin:

Hi Claire, Why don't you go out and put a few tacks on the ground for them to reverse onto, LOL. But seriously these 4x4s are not suitable in urban areas or for the school run. They are practical if you live in the countryside and need to get about, especially when the weather is bad.
But the Belgravia mob and Chelsea Set are just showing off to each other as to who has the biggest 4x4. The people carriers like the Megane Scenic or Citroen Picasso, they are more practical for the school run.
But it would be even better for people to leave their cars behind and cycle to work, or if work is a distance away get the train, as many BR Stations now have bicycle storing facilities. Next time you go to Portsmouth, as they say in the Queen song, "Get on your bikes and ride".LOL:rofl:
It must be a quite scenic route down to Portsmouth, if you go via the backroads.
Scott:hello:

Just curious... How many drive and how many here bike every where and/or use electric cars? How many posting are "Earth friendly"?

Me, I am not Earth friendly as I drive a van (but I toted 4 kids too). But agoraphobic side of PTSD... I drove to Kansas for my move from Texas before Xmas and once 15 miles to another town in Kansas. Again not being environmental in any form, just being me. So y'all here on the forum? How are y'all? Oh and hubs does the deed of driving to work everyday... Dammit for no public transportation from the wheat fields LOL... I believe he would take it for the nap.

Nice one Claire, yeah you've got a point there. But then again you could by a 4x4 wear green wellies and one of those wax-green jackets and say "Ooh Yah" old chap all the time, and turn into Hyacinth Bucket, (Keeping Up Appearances) and go for Afternoon Tea in Guildford, Oh Yah! Ladee Daa.
We've got the same up here. There called the Alisdairs and Fionas, the Alisdairs always like to spell their name to you, and the Fiona's carry their smalls in their handbags. LOL.:rofl:
But yes cycling is good for you, although your arse is rather sore after it, but it is great exercise as well.
Scott:thumbs-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back