1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goal For The Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ayesha, Dec 17, 2011.

1. CaringMomma

CaringMomma New Member

I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with cancer 2 days after giving birth to her 3rd child. She has been going all natural and has changed her diet to all organic foods and she takes lots of natural supplements. Her numbers keep going up and down.

I agree that there are so many ways of getting cancer, today.

I will be praying for you Froggie. For comfort and healing. (((Hugs)))
    Froggie and soulofLC like this.
  2. soulofLC

soulofLC New Member

((((Froggie)))) My cousin with cancer also had enormous drop in numbers after radical makeover diet. Really, he just cut processed foods, goes orgainc when possible, and uses supplements.

No replacement for good medical care too, of course!
    Froggie and CaringMomma like this.
  3. Froggie

Froggie When it seems impossible, the possible happens

You're so right soulofLC, there is more to all that than just the food we eat, it's an all over make over of one's lifestyle, it is also a reflexion of our wacked up society.

So my goal for today is to be ready to leave to my youngest son's place for the Christmas gathering. This will be awesome as the WHOLE family will be there plus extended family plus my daughter-in-law's family who are great people.
    soulofLC and CaringMomma like this.
  4. The Albatross

The Albatross A product of decisions rather than circumstances Premium Member

My goal for the day is just to GO to work. :cry:
  5. Ayesha

Ayesha Beautiful Disaster Staff Member Premium Member

Goal today...

Make some coffee. Take a shower.

Paint.

:D
    Froggie, CaringMomma and VDWngr1355 like this.
  6. CaringMomma

CaringMomma New Member

Visit with friend, go to the store, and enjoy the day!
    Froggie likes this.
  7. NIKI

NIKI I want to be the person my dog thinks I am. Premium Member

To get my house cleaned for Christmas Eve get together.
  8. Ayesha

Finally showered.

God, I need more of a schedule! It would help in school too.
  9. The Albatross

Met the goal. I brought a gift for my friend's mom and gave it to her after work. A big CZ dinner ring (her mom has dementia and all her good jewelry has been put away because she hides it)... she told stories about her own and her mother's jewelry, and I had to write on the board for her, "Your ring is a Christmas gift." Because a couple of times during the hour, she looked down at her hand and asked me, "Where did this pretty ring come from?" (grin) It made my day.
    Froggie, intothelight and CaringMomma like this.
  10. intothelight

intothelight Totally Quackers Duck Staff Member Premium Member

All of my family is coming here this afternoon and this evening for Christmas. Just to keep things even keeled as I prepare and to remember it all about the fellowship and not about how clean the house is, how things are wrapped, or the other "stuff".
    CaringMomma, Froggie and Pottershand like this.
  11. KP the nut

KP the nut Tigger is back Staff Member Premium Member

So true, my brother reminded of me of that. I was stressing and he said it was all just 'stuff' and what was important was being with people we love.

I have only ever had two men in my life who have had a positive impact on me and who I know always have my back, my husband and my brother.
  12. KP the nut

I am slowly getting done what is needed. The baking that I am doing is done. The shopping has been bought, OK a few things still need putting away but that is fine. I have taken the dog to the vets. I have wrapped my presents.

I am so tired, I'm rewarding myself with a coffee.

Next I will vacuum downstairs, flick a duster around and set up new candles ready for tonight. Candlelight does wonders at making a room look cosy and at the same time not showing any missed dust.

I will ensure the bathroom is clean and put new oil in my reed diffuser.

I can do this - I hope.

H and my family will hopefully be home by 4pm.

My real important goal is to be able to sit and relax in their company.

Merry Christmas All.
    ronnalee, CaringMomma and Froggie like this.
  13. Froggie

Froggie When it seems impossible, the possible happens

My goal for today is just have a great time with the family and friends
  14. amethist

amethist The Mystic Duck Staff Member Premium Member

The secret to dust on furniture, is not to write in it. :tup:

If no marks in it, no one can tell the difference except you. ;)
  15. CaringMomma

CaringMomma New Member

My goal for today is to enjoy my hubby and daughter. We will be going to church this afternoon for Christmas Eve service. Then we will have chinese food for dinner. Yum!
    Froggie, ronnalee and The Albatross like this.
  16. The Albatross

Dodged out of going to MIL's house this morning but am going to a "social event" for my husband's work and the residents (he works for an independant and assisted senior living place). I am also going to commit to a candelight Christmas Eve service at my church and am making a sweet 'tater casserole for a breakfast on Christmas Day with my mom. She is making scrambled eggs with green chiles and cheese.
  17. Ayesha

Goal...To relax.
  18. Ayesha

Do some yoga, to help wake me up. I might even go for a morning walk. Already made my coffee and ate some breakfast. Its not even 6 am yet. I am not sure about the rest of the day. Its calm here and so am I.

Might do some painting. :)
  19. The Albatross

Goal to take care of my husband (he's got a sinus infection) and be a good "nurse" til or if he needs to go to the doc for antibiotics.
    Ayesha likes this.
  20. KP the nut

Goal for today is not to disassociate again. Doing well so far.
    Ayesha likes this.
  21. VDWngr1355

VDWngr1355 Well-Known Member

to be nice to myself and try to relax.
  22. AngelaMarie

AngelaMarie One moment at a time is the best I can do! Premium Member

To recooperate from yesterday and all the cooking that I did! I just need to be nice to myself today.
  23. Ayesha

Therapy, Yoga, Shower, Take car to get maintenance done.

Try to ship grandparents gift and pick up a package. Never mind, post office is closed... I've been waiting to send there package and get the one they sent for 3 days! I want my cookies!

Be nice to myself and buy lunch and eat leftovers for dinner.
  24. KP the nut

My goal for today, just to get through the day.
    AngelaMarie likes this.
  25. AngelaMarie

AngelaMarie One moment at a time is the best I can do! Premium Member

My goal for today is to cook for my family. I also need to get the boys ready to go back to school on Monday. Fingers crossed I do okay! The boys have been looking forward to steak and fries for a few days.
    The Albatross likes this.