• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Goal of The Day-Challenging Your PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goals for today are:

- Go to the gym directly after my chiropractor appointment (right after work) and do at least 10 minutes on the elliptical
- Vacuum the house when I get home from the gym
- Walk the dog after I vacuum
- Do my knee PT exercises

I figured I'd better put these in writing today, as I particularly hate going to the gym. Now I'm sort of accountable.

My goals:

Daily: do exposure therapy no matter how hard it gets
Weekly: teach once a week
Monthly: go to dietitian
Year: .... can't think that far

a2a3

Jumping through hoops to get backto school. Gotta pick up a few credits. I don't know exactly what frightens me about this, but something does.

Also, just getting through the next therapy appointment. I want to quit (again). But everytime I do, I am a mess.

Goals for today: visit God daughter and do laundry
Goals for this week: Go for 3 good power walks, see naturopath
Goals for this month: work on eating better, get back on sleep schedule
Goals for this year: reduce medication by one pill/day

(great thread, btw)

Hey petchen

I had my first session of exposure therapy last week, I fully understand your sentiments. I think it was more terrifying than the real trauma!

My goal for today - to cook a meal & just go with the anxiety it creates
for next week - to go on holiday & face the painful memories that will be there without a panic attack

Here's hoping...

I am doing one thing to step outside my helplessness zone. I am doing one thing today that gets me to step outside that.

I have rung around and got 5 quotes so I have 5 options. I now have to go and get ready. I will complete this goal in one hour.

I am sick of all the things that I think I really need to do that or fix that and I just let them be free floating and not do them. So I am doing one of them today.

Day goal: setting up my living room like a real home and not a sick room
Weekly goal: making a schedule as though I have a job and doing it every day for 5 days
Monthly goal: Keep the day and weekly goal.

Is that the type of goal that challenges my ptsd? Or maybe I'm confused. If I am, can someone please set me onto the right path for the type of goal this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back