• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

God Is Showing Me The Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwhite

Policy Enforcement
I see how soulless a person is. One that would rather destroy my life instead of helping it. In Luke Jesus said woe to the one who causes one of my little ones to sin. It is better for him to drown with a milestone around his neck than to cause one of my little ones to sin.

In this we see two parts. God calls us His children. A wicked person knows there is a law. Law of the government and a moral law since God gave everyone a conscience. So if your selling me meth your not only breaking the law, you are causing one of Gods little ones to sin since you know it is illegal to sell, have or anything like that.

Now I reap what I sow. I wanted a cottage by some mountains in heaven. But if I keep rebelling I will lose a lot of what I truly desire.

God demonstrates His hatred for sin by saying it is better to have water sucked into your lungs and die that way than to cause Gods child to sin.

What I want everyone to know is that I'm called to be a preacher. Very important in Gods eyes. I was chosen. My so called friend can't even let me talk to him because I'm just a number to him. But what did Jesus say. Woe! Every man will reap a reward whether good or bad. I want to be able to enter heaven with Jesus smiling on His throne and say thank you good and faithful servent. Enter into the peace and joy of the Lord created for you before the beginning of time.

I think some are so dense that there is nothing that can be done for them. God is the one that hardens the heart because He commands us to be obedient to the faith. Let the Law convict and humble yourself to know Jesus and be washed. I fear that this man is far beyond the point of return. I can careless of what he does. If he would just say I screwed up and truly repent not a frantic help me God I'm in trouble with the law please get me off this sentence I will recieve. Rather just come to the cross as you are and say God against You have I sinned. Please help me in my life. Please pray for this man I'm talking about. Please. Because I don't want to see anyone go to he'll and God said I desire Mercy not Wrath.

Ya I'm sorry if this triggered anybody. I'm just having more difficulty in my life. My body telling me to quit drugs and my mind pulling the other direction. Idk what else to do anymore. I don't like being like this. I can't believe depression slowly ate away at my self and I relapsed. It just feels like I have no will power whatsoever to quit. Why would God allow me to think for two years that I was going to be with my ex. Why does God allow bad things to happen. When you did everything right with a upright heart you still get slammed with anxiety obsessions and mental anguish as your reward.

I don't know why God lets bad things happen, but I do know that He is with us in it. Jesus was called a man "acquainted with sorrow." The word for sorrow in that verse means "the deepest grief." The even bible talks of the holy spirit interceding for us with groans. God is with us and for us.

He knows your pain. Keep reaching for Him, keep repenting of the choice to use drugs - I hate some of the erroneous conniptions of "repent" - I do not mean identify yourself as an object of shame, but quite the opposite. What I mean is that every time you make a mistake and use again, identify it as a mistake, and turn back towards the the healthier path. Do this again and again. Keep reaching out for help from safe people that God has put within your reach that can help you get clean. Even if you have to go to rehab, God will be with you there too and help you get through.

One day you may have an incredible testimony about how God helped give you the strength to get clean.

Keep making good choices. A relapse is not the end of recovery but the beging of another chapter in fighting the good fight to get clean so you can serve Him in the way you long to do.

Last edited:
Meth is a bugger.

I am fortunate in that I got to see the misery it causes long before I ever had the opportunity to try it.

That's not meant to come off as some high and mighty wisdom, from some holier than thou prick. Cause I am not. I chose a different drug is all.

But I want to point out that of all the people I have seen in my life that have been addicted to meth. Very, very few of them have ever tried to get clean. Even fewer have made it. Most of them are likely dead, or on death's door. The prospect of getting clean of this, is something so monumental and forever challenging that you are going to have to battle for the rest of your life. Only you can do it, for you.

You cannot hold yourself accountable for another's recovery. You just can't. The best you can do, is show others that it can be done, and provide any spare support and strength you can muster. It is ultimately their own decision what they want to do.

Your war with addiction is just that, your war. You can be inspiring to others in their own war, but you cannot fight it for them.

You have come a long way with this. We haven't spoken much here, but I have read your posts with great interest. You seem like a good person, who wants to be good. Who want to lead others to do good things. I can't find a thing wrong with that. Just be careful, be true to you and God. It's all you can do.

He knows you can't save everyone. Always save you first. You can't inspire anyone if you fall back in. That's where the true shame lies.

Keep fighting it, you can do it.

What they said.

If you relapse, try back another day. Make those days multiply, acknowledge you're doing so much staying clean, as you are. And on days you're not, focus on how hard you're trying to get clean & thinking of it, not what dope is doing for you. Focus on everything that's likely to go softer and smoother without dope; if you can't imagine it, or hoping makes you anxious, just stay with the thoughts that are comprehensible and on the same track.

You are not responsible for other people. Heck, I doubt even God is responsible for people who want to destroy themselves and won't stop going with that for a second. There's only so much an individual can do for someone else. Focus on you, you're worth that focus.

I can only echo what Justmehere and Neverthesame have offered to you. Such wisdom and generosity!

Please know that I am coming at it as they are and understand your struggle as most addicts of faith would. Please hold onto the belief that God is with you and for you, also, that this awful time in your life can provide you with a testimony with which to help others, along with every other ounce of wisdom offered above. God does bring beauty from ashes.

Personally, I come to believe that God loves you most when you need Him the most. Maybe this is why we are being brought to these points in our lives. Maybe this is what it takes for God to really get through to the authentic, perhaps hurting, self - the one that is having to hide behind and use the addictions to cope. Just one consideration. I have a couple of addictions on board, and I feel guilt and shame sometimes, but then God speaks the truth to me through others, through music, through the wonderful fellowship here and at my church, through nature and His works, and through His enabling me to humbly relate to and reach out to someone else in need. That is when I feel and believe the truth so immensely that it feels like my heart is breaking, and that is when I can let go of the lies that the darkness brings. I hope that God will find a pathway around what drives your addiction and deep into your heart so that He can start to edge out a bit of the darkness with His light, and with His love, compassion, and mercy. Praying for you. VB

It's just one day or one hour at a time. Good to work on your spiritual connection if that helps you. Do you do NA? I know AA helps me through the support, feeling of accountability or keeping the dangers of my addiction clear in my memory, and also working on the higher power/god aspect of my life. I recently relapsed and have had to ask for extra support (hard for me) and beef up my meditation, grounding stuff, and willingness to reach out to others. Don't worry about this friend, if possible, but take care of your own life and your own actions. And you can help others after some period of knowing you can help yourself and also see God working through others to be positive supports for you. You can get clean and stay clean if you stick with the right people and stay the course. Good luck Sonic!

There is this idea in recovery circles... That the person fighting the addiction is like someone walking down the street and falls into a hole. They work really hard to get out of the hole. The next day, they walk down the same street and fall into the same hole again. Then they have to work really hard to get out of the hole again.

When you make contact with the drug dealer, it is like you are walking down that street, and when you buy the drugs he sells, you are falling into the hole - again and again.

The best way to stay out of the hole is to walk down a different street. Not to just try to walk around the hole, but to not even go down that street. That's what it takes to get out of addiction and stop using drugs.

This means that for you, you gotta cut this guy who is selling you the speed out of your life. Stop enabling him to sin by selling you drugs, and even more, stop having contact with him. Cold turkey, cut ties.

You will feel worse at first, you may feel like you are cutting off a friend, but if you can stick it out, it will get better. You will remove an area of temptation for him to error by selling you drugs, and remove big amount of temptation for you to buy them.

Take the first step. Cut him out of your life. Take this critical step. Before it's too late. Before either of you end up dead or in jail. Do this for his sake, your sake, and the sake of the gospel you want to share.

And remember, you have a whole group of people here cheering you on and supporting you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back