• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Going to sheppard-pratt for did/cptsd- how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KicatsDID

New Here
Hi all,

I can’t sleep Bc my T got a call yesterday saying Sheppard-Pratt has a bed available for me. I’m bizarrely hopeful & of course terrified. My T keeps reminding me to stay in the “here & now” & stop trying to solve things. I figure it’s ok to ask questions on what I should prepare myself for from this community. (Or not, but dammit I need to finish packing!)

Ok, so I had read that Sheppard-Pratt is a 2 week program but read on this site some people have been there longer. Weeks longer. Which is fine if I need it- I’ll definitely take advantage of their expertise. Is it possible to go longer than 2 weeks in SP’s inpatient trauma unit though?

Next, somewhat odd question- I keep trying to reach the admin coordinator to ask questions but can’t seem to reach her. One of my alters is concerned whether we will be allowed to have & wear makeup. Obviously no mirrors or products w/sharp metal parts. This might seem like an odd concern but I’ve seen most other questions I have answered & it’s important my alter be comfortable. Makeup is her armor, whereas I could care less in hospital. However if she’s more comfortable I’m more comfortable & I’d rather just know one way or the other so my brain can move on.

Any other thoughts & experiences you may have w/SP would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back