• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Good News From Piglet

Status
Not open for further replies.

piglet

MyPTSD Pro
Thought I'd post a bit of good news here. I am very proud to tell you all that my dog has passed an assessment to be a Pets As Therapy dog!!!! She got top marks, even though I was a nervous wreck about it!

I will now be taking her along with a couple of other people/dogs to a local children's hospital ward and to a secure facility for people with personality disorders (got to be careful, or I might find myself being an inpatient!).

It's scary stuff, but I'm hoping that my dog will brighten someone's day, like she does for me. It seems a bit selfish to keep her all to myself. I need to get out more to try and keep the ole depression at bay, so i thought I'd give this a go.

I'll let you know how we get on.

Hey Piglet,

That's incredible!!!!!! A therapy dog....How great. You must be so proud of yourself and your dog.....I love dogs, I house sit & take care of other peoples animals.... I love it.

Take care, and enjoy....

Wendy

Good on you & your dog Piglet!

It sounds like you are a perfect team to go out there & make people happy & I'm sure you will both enjoy it.

Congratulations to you and your lovely pooch!

What a great way to share our furry friends capacity for love! I think that is so selfless of you!

bec

Piglet,

Congrats to you and your dog! Maybe getting out more, meeting more people will help with the depression. I know that getting my rear end out of the house helps a lot when my mood starts to go down.

Again congrats for caring so much for others!

Lisa

Great job on all counts Piglet. You should be proud and I am sure you and your dog will make a great team. Obviously your great training is a reflection of your dog's top marks.

Piglet, How awesome. For your pooch to get top marks you must be one loving owner, a pet is a reflection of its owner. I am so proud of you both.....That is just lovely and makes me want to tear up.....Definately applaud you both...that is lovely....

That is so cool, piglet! Congratulations!

I considered the same with my dog, but ptsd interfered. Still, she's a great unofficial therapy dog for us, our friends, neighbors, and residents of our local nursing home.

Best wishes for you and your dog's future healing adventures! I'm looking forward to hearing about them!

:clap: Congrats on the therapy status for your dog!!! I'm glad :biggrin: that you have something enjoyable to do that really helps people!!!....PEACE TO THE PLANET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back