1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Google Earth - I Can See You

Discussion in 'Social' started by madjon, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madjon

madjon Active Member

just had a look at latest version of google earth, being a nosey sort i looked at my home, theres the old yellow van my old dad got rid of about ayear ago theres my workshop, and theres me!
    so after a while i started looking up places of friends and stuff then places ive been, theyve updated the detail a lot in places, had a look at the bat in sydney harbour , then looked at places i will never go back to, places in the desert, it even shows some rocks about the size of a bed i remember sitting on, the detail is quite good now,
    it was just a bit freaky trying to remember the way round desert compounds i havent been in for 14 years and looking at familiar places from the past, wondering if hazy memories still remember the way round, looking at whats changed and whats not, i will never go back to the desert,
    but, looking at it on google, you dont have to, to move around and see all the places youve been and the places you spent so much time and sometimes wish you hadnt, but i will say this theres a lot of detail in places so if you want to look up your home or stuff theres a lot to be said for it, ive gone back there in a strange way, memories come back of things like i wonder if the guys still there selling carpets? strange stuff but worth a look.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I have never used it? How do you use it?

4. madjon

madjon Active Member

go to google then theres a page for google earth where you can download a free version, its got a few spelling mistakes and little captions seem to be in random places at times such as a central indian caption is up in the arctic ocean, but you can look up anywhere in the world and look at it on reasonably high res satellite pictures, some areas are fuzzy low clarity as google hasnt updated them as there no point in endless wood or desert being high quality , you can zoom in or out and see lots of detail, takes a bit of getting used to but is interesting to play with, an interactive atlas of sorts, go to google homepage click on the more bit on the top of page select google earth and download the free version, can see anywhere in the world.