1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Gosh, I know!... Wow, Somebody Else Understands...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by linoleum, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linoleum

linoleum New Member

Hello. I am new to the forums. I suffer from PTSD. I find myself reading through posts here and being amazed that others have the same feelings and experiences as I do.
    It somehow makes me feel more "normal" to find that there are other people like me. Thank you all very much for posting your comments and stories. Reading everything has been very helpful to me... and will continue to be I am sure.
    And the posts from spouses are so helpful too. It helped to shed light on how my husband might percieve some of my actions. Because of this, during the past week I have made a huge effort to STOP and talk and explain myself to my husband.
    I really sincerely thank you all so much. Best wishes to you all. And now that I've gotten started I will be adding to the postings myself.
    Nice to meet you all. :smile:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

Welcome

:biggrin: I am glad that you have come on board!!! ....Yes you are not alone!! I like the fact that you started to tell your hubby what you are experiencing... Has he been reading the PTSD-Spouse section here?? That could help him understand you and that he is not alone as a spouse of a person with PTSD...Guess what??? You can even rant and rave here when needed!!! I am looking forward to hearing more about you!!!!
    :loopy: .....wildfirewildone.....KEEPING THE PEACE

4. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hey Linoleum,

Welcome to the forum. This is certainly the place for you if you have PTSD and your husband too!! Encourage him to get on and chat with the other spouses. Everyone here benefits from the experience of others, we even have humour sometimes. Good to have you here.

5. Farmer

Farmer Active Member

Hi Linoleum

Great name, finding out you are not the only one in the world with those feeling is a great feeling. I went 40 years thinking that and having a fear of telling anyone because no one would understand. That's one aspect of this is the isolation it gives one but there is a whole cammunity here that understands.

6. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

I feel like rapping with your name and forum.

do you know linoleum?
    She's now on this forum.
    She now feels normal
    even tho she can't see um.

Hehehe. Welcome! Yes...stand strong..you are not alone!

7. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

ROFL Nam! Too funny...:rofl:

8. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Welcome, Linoleum!

Isn't it amazing to finally be someplace where you feel like you finally fit in? When I first got here (which has only been about 2 months ago) I felt like I found a whole community of people that I would trust enough to call my friends. I didn't think I'd ever find people who knew exactly how I felt, had been through some of the same type of traumas, and experienced the same signs - yet I have!

My husband is on the board too (Kim's Man). If you read some of his posts, he says that he saw the difference in my almost immediately and believe me, I felt it. And I must say, it gives me so much hope and has helped me calm many of my symptoms.

I'm with WildFire....try to get your husband on here too. My husband was so glad to hear from other spouses and together they help each other understand and process through what we with PTSD are going through. They have their own forum area, Spouses Only, which only people who are spouses can apply for and be granted admission to (we w/PTSD have our own section too!). My husband goes there and vents (I'm sure) and I can't see it...likewise I go and vent too w/o worrying that he will see it, although we are both very open in our relationship with each other and don't have secrets, per se. I truly believe it's as beneficial for the spouses to hear from other spouses "on the other side of PTSD" as it is for us with it to hear from others who also have it.

Stick around and make yourself comfortable. We're all here for you!

9. cdunny

cdunny Active Member

Hey Lin. How are ya. Welcome to the forum. And may I just say that your post made me laugh. First of all because I know how you feel when you say you feel more "normal" finding out your not the only one. and second of all because of what you said about your husband and "STOPing". hahaha!!! My husband works a lot so most of the time when I blow up its on the phone with him. He always says I need to take 5 and 5. 5 steps back away from the phone and 5 minutes to chill out. HAHA!! Just made me laugh. I can just picture someone else picking up the phone and screaming into it at their poor helpless husband on the other end over something totally rediculous. "WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU! DONT YOU KNOW HOW TO TAKE OUT THE $%$^^%$^ $#%%$% %T$#%$#5 *&^&^%^**%$ TRASH!!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN MY #$#%%%$^ $$#$# ##$#%$ #$#$% LIFE!!!!? YOU BETTER CALL ME BACK *&&%^%%$%*&!!!!!!!!":rofl:

Okay... whew... Im better now. I needed a good laugh. Definately looking forward to reading your posts.

10. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Lin,

Welcome to the forum, and glad you found us. I have no doubt the community will make you feel at home pretty quickly. It gives us all that feeling of assurance to continue on I believe. Anyway, great to have you here, and look forward to chatting with you more.