1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Got a Full Time Job Yesterday!

Discussion in 'Social' started by moki, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moki

moki Guest

Got a call yesterday from the place I really wanted to work, and they offered me a full time job! Yea!! I'm very excited (it's a private high school). Of course I'm also a little bit worried about being too stressed out but will have to deal with it. I get to be around teenagers all of the time (something I love), and a great staff that actually asked me during the interview if I was okay with a little bit of swearing! No problem...

This means being away from my daughter just a little bit more, but she is 15 so is very capable of handling it. It will be a huge adjustment for me energy wise, but if I'm careful and take good care of myself I should be able to adjust.

Anyway, I am very excited!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Congradulations!!!! :claps: :claps: :claps:
    Having a job you love is very important for your emotional well-being (hopefully, for the financial as well) :tongue:
    What exactly are you going to do there?

And do not worry about leaving your 15 years old alone: in my home country kids are left alone since very early age, and they do fina and a lot more mature than Americans :thumbs-up

4. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

That's brilliant Moki, well done, I hope it goes well.

5. moki

moki Guest

Thank you Linda and Claire! They're even sending me to California for a week for training (right next to Disneyland...). I haven't been away by myself for years and years...I will be the registrar for the highschool, along with managing some other programs they have going there...

6. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Congrats....If you are staying by Disney, check out the fireworks display nightly. It is awesome. Big time Congrats and Best of luck on your new job....:thumbs-up

7. moki

moki Guest

Thanks, portabella! That's a good idea...I will be traveling with two other staff members, so that will be an interesting component of the trip too. I hope they don't make me room with anyone else...