• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Got Out of My Comfort Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgan

MyPTSD Pro
Hey everybody! Guess what I did. Never mind I'll just tell ya. I went to an AA meeting all by myself last night. This was a major accomplishment on so many levels.

I am agoraphobic for one thing. Also I thought I could stop self medicating all on my own. I have disproved this theory time and again so I finally surrendered and got help.

I heard a lot of things there that I needed to be reminded of and feel very good for having made it through the whole meeting without having a panic attack. When I got home however, I was exhausted and I think I crashed before my head even hit the pillow. I feel pretty good about myself today though. There is hope for me after all.

Anyway, I broke through the chains that bind me to my PTSD and did what I need to do for me. I'm almost proud of myself.

Thanx for reading this, Morgan:occasion: (that's root beer in those mugs)LOL

Morgan,

What in the hell do you mean that you are ALMOST proud of yourself?????? You SHOULD be proud of yourself dammit......

Going to AA and admitting that you have a problem, need help and did it alone......Great accomplishment......Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

Morgan,

That is great news! A big success traveling a hard road that only you can completely understand. Good for you! You have taken a step that only very strong people can,:thumbs-up more rootbeer:rofl:

Tachiku

Congratulations, Morgan!!!

I had to smile when I read "almost proud of myself". I struggle with claiming pride in myself...so much so, that I am now making a LIST of things for which I can claim pride in myself. Hey, I think I'll start a thread...and I hope to see you post on it! :wink:

Congratulations again for reaching out to get support and getting your needs for support met.

-Dylan

Went to another meeting tonight... Damn there were a lot of people there! Anyway, tonight I went with a friend and it really wasn't so bad. I got a lot of phone numbers from the ladies of the group so now I have some resources if I feel like getting drunk. I don't exactly see myself calling a total stranger but it's better than the alternative. I just need to keep going and get a sponsor. I am so new at this (again) I barely know where to start. I will figure it all out though. It just sucks that I had fifteen years and now I'm starting all over again. 3 yrs seems like a long time to me now. Oh, well whatever it takes i guess.

Thanx for listening, Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back