1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Got through Day 1! PTSD Course Townsville

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Jen, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Well PTSD clinic started today for hubby and he managed to get through Day One.
    He is really tired went to bed at 7.30pm but was talking about the day seemed to be ok with it he said there are 12 men on the course in all different ages. Said he had a stomach ache tonight I thought here we go but he took tablets and it seems to have settled down. Will see how he goes tomorrow.
    Jen

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Bloody good stuff jen... give him a big congrats from me also please. He is going to like this course... as long as he remembers, he will only get out, as much as he puts in. The more open and honest you are in that course, the more healing you will do.

4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks Anthony 2 days done and he was even talking about what they did. He isnt dreading it as much as what he thought he would fingers crossed things will look up for him.
    Jen

5. Andrea42

Andrea42 Active Member

Awww... I am so happy Jen! Congrats! I am glad things are going well! Keep us updated!

6. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen

Glad to hear that your husband has started the course.:claps:

Hope it goes well for both of you. Just remember to go for your golf sessions with the girls & have some fun!

7. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

That's excellent news.............just don't forget about Jen!!

8. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies we had a breakthrough tonight! Hubby and I were talking tonight and he said that there are things that happened in Somalia that he feels he will never tell me because it would upset me he has not spoken about Somalia in a LONG time.I told him if he ever needs to talk I am there but he knows that.I know its only been 2 days but he is talking!
    Jods are you ok?
    Jen

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Your going to both get a lot more than that by the end of that course Jen... you are really lucky for your location, as we where, as Townsville has the most successful course in Australia for PTSD.

10. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Member

That is GREAT News!

Jen, It is very encouraging to hear this. I truly believe that if they can begin to talk about it they will be able to come to terms with it. It is always scarier THINKING about confronting a problem than ACTUALLY confronting it!

11. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks Oneday thats not your real name is it?:hello:

12. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Member

NOT my real name ... but my motto

My real name is Jan.

13. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen
    I'm really glad that your husband is starting to come out of his shell & has started to open up to you again, that's a great start.
    Hope your brother is going ok.

Just hit my wall recently & I'm dusting myself off. :wall: Took a bit longer to get up this time. Took my own advice & had a it's all about me week & treated myself to a nice massage & day of me time. Not quite back to peak condition but getting there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar