• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Got Through My Massage Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun seeker

MyPTSD Pro
It was exhausting. Bits of it were triggering. I stayed home one day a complete wreck. The time leading up to it I was falling apart all over the place, just thinking about the logistics of getting there.

But I finished it. I now have a nice piece of paper saying what I have accomplished, and more importantly, I have a whole slew of techniques now to help people. What am I proud of specifically?

* Speaking up about something that was triggering me and making a specific request, in a constructive way.
* Upgrading my skills at something I can use to be of service.
* Believing I have something of value to offer, and letting that belief be stronger than my insecurity.
* Making progress at understanding different kinds of people and how to work with them instead of withdrawing.

I am exhausted, and I am afraid of losing the structure of the course because it means going back to the part of my life where I have to make decisions and where there is time to feel... and feeling can be dangerous. But I did it. I got through it. Hurray for me!

BIG Congrats!

massage-therapist-smiley-emoticon.gif You are licensed to heal! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back