1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Got Through The 1 Year Anniversary - My Trauma

Discussion in 'General' started by sibemom, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sibemom

sibemom Active Member

Yes I got through the anniversary of my accident, how ironic that it landed on Thanksgiving, but I got through it. I thought maybe when I woke up I would not remember it was, but alas major flashbacks all night long with night terrors kinda reminded me of what the day was when I crawled out of bed. I went through the day with little incident but then again we were suppose to go out for dinner and that did not happen. I made us a nice meal anyway because I just could NOT go out in public I was so afraid I would crumble and Yeah my ego gets in the way because I hate having people look at me when I am in one of those states. All in all I was pleased that we hung around the house, spent quiet time together and my older boys all called to make sure I was ok. There was just so much stress this year, well last year too, but this year especially because it was just the three of us, because everyone else is deployed overseas. Today is my ARMY sons 21st birthday and he gets to celebrate it in Iraq, that stresses me but again I am trying very hard to deal. I am learning one thing and that is to LET IT OUT, dont hold it in because then an explosion will come when you least expect it. I shed my tears I feel the pain and I do my best to let it go, even if it comes back later each time I let it go it stays away longer. My new course of meds mostly for pain managment are helping alot, not my first choices but they are the ones with the least side effects. My desire to be med free is haulted for awhile due to the RSD, but if that is the way it has to be for now then so be it. I know I was watching some movies over the weekend and some of them triggered some really bad emotions so of course I had to turn the off. I will NOT watch the news right now due to all the new conflict in Iraq I just can't watch that right now. I have joined two other support groups one for TBI, and the other for RSD. Along with this one I am getting the needed support to talk about my problems and that for me is a blessing. I hope all of you are hanging tough. I am trying but lately it has been a huge struggle.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

Congratulations... i know it's difficult to get through anniversaries... on December 7, it will be the second anniversary of my wife's death/suicide. Hang in there; it sounds like you're making progress!! I'm here to listen and give feedback(as is erveryone else here). drop me a line if you want to talk...

Josh

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Well done Sibemom. I'm glad you made it through. Every year it'll get a little bit better.

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

You did so well!!! You got out of bed (that used to be reason to throw a party here LOL) You made a nice meal and spoke with your boys. You did a wonderful job despite how you felt. Good going.

6. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Glad you found even more support to help you. That's great.

And you cooked, too!!! Shoot...a lot of days it's sandwiches and soup around here when I'm feeling bad. ((hugs)) and congrats! :clap:

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Well done sibemom... very well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar