1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Graduation and Everything - Like PTSD and Crowds

Discussion in 'Social' started by Linda, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Well, it is only a week left to the end of the school for me. On Monday, I will have my last finals in microbiology, biochemistry, and phylosophy and will hopefuly become a B.A. Before that, I have a bipchem presentation tomorrow and microbiology lab practical Wednesday. I am studying for six years, and almost all that time am a full-tome employee and a full-time student. So, expecting some rest now.
    I will have to go to Cap and Gown comvocation Wednesday, and the commensement is on May, 19. A sort of nervous because of that, since I will have to be in a public place with many people for a long time.
    Then there will be a graduation party held in my friend's house (my mom already gave a crap about the fact that "too many" of guests are black or brown...:wall: )
    Then a continue education in Washington, DC, which is paid by my employer!
    Then a trip to Mexica with my friends.
    I am realy nervous, because it all sounds so nice... Too nice to be true! I am afraid of something getting into it and disturbing the plans, and hell, I must be happy bu instead am just nervous and anxious. I just want it all to be as planned, that's it!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

This all sounds great!! You are getting there Linda... all that sweat and tears and you're getting the BA. I know how nerve wracking it is when it all looks "too good".

I'm doing my second year university (a year away from graduating and getting a BSc), and have exams at the moment. It is so difficult doing a degree with PTSD, so my hat goes off to you. Well done for making it!

4. kers

kers I'm a VIP

Cangratulations, Linda! You can be very proud of everything you have done. I'm impressed!

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Sorry about mom... I think our parents are the same there. I love how color blind my toddler daughter is. She says I am brown ;) She would never say I am white as well, she does not understand races but she knows people are different shade of brown and she calls one of her brothers pink. He is so pale he is glow in the dark. She calls it how she sees it. Thats my girl.

Try to get plenty of rest before the events. They sound fun but understandable why stressful. Try to enjoy the moments one at a time. Try to not look at it as a cluster but one thing and one event to go through each moment live it. Take time to focus and prepare to do it as such. And it is OK to have fun.

6. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:thumbs-up Yea!!!!!......Linda!!!! :clap: Congrats on going "for the gold".....I am soooooooo impressed that you were able to do this BA thing when you have the struggles with PTSD!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!:kickass: CREATING THE PEACE.....LIVING THE PEACE