1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graph Showing Continuum Of Dissociation In PTSD

Discussion in 'Flashbacks & Dissociation' started by seaworthy, Mar 31, 2010.

1. seaworthy

seaworthy New Member

2. Farine

Farine New Member

I like it! I know the graph doesn't exist, but I'd like to see one that illustrates "Normal Life Functioning" with "% of Dreck Handled". I think that would be motivating. Hey.. you can aspire to normal life MOST of the time...
    Like categories
    Acknowledges Diagnosis...
    (descriptive language)
    Has supportive network
    (like 5-10) onboard peeps

What do you think that graph would look like?
  3. TLight

TLight VIP Member

Can't find it.
  4. She Cat

She Cat VIP Member

Tlight, I will PM you the link.....
  5. seaworthy

seaworthy New Member

Sorry that I can't be more helpful in finding the link. I'm pretty NO-TECH. I only know this grace counseling place
    is the one in a small town in Canada and not another one one in Colorado. Thanks for any help in getting this graph made available to users.

seaworthy
  6. Solara

Solara VIP Member

My only question is why didn't they put DDNOS on the chart? It would go somewhere between PTSD and DID.
  7. seaworthy

seaworthy New Member

I don't know. As I understand it, no matter how numerous or distinct the alter identities, the correct diagnosis is DDNOS if the host consistently experiences co-consciousness for the behaviors AND the emotional responses of the alter parts. I'm just realizing that I have NOT experienced co-consciousness yet and that's what I'm working on...to get to DDNOS. I want to get to know all my parts so they can be healed.

I have to remember that all these 'diagnoses' aren't law that I have to fit in, but rather classifications made from a committee of people who supposedly collect statistics on me. I'm soon to make it through 4 DSM rewrites, but to me, the DSM doesn't define us; but rather, we are the recipe and the ingredients for the DSM.

seaworthy
  8. Farine

Farine New Member

Hello Seaworthy,

I was curious if you had read "Switching Time"? I found the book helpful.
  9. seaworthy

seaworthy New Member

I've heard of it, but I haven't read it. Thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out.

seaworthy
  10. shadowlight

shadowlight New Member

DDNOS won't be there are there is such a range of forms of DDNOS. No other dissociaitve disorder is on there either, and sometimes DDNOS can form in a similar mannor to them rather than to DID.

Or at least that's how we see it. Sometimes DDNOS can mean a erson has depersonalisation disorder without all the symptoms, or any other form of dissociation.

We have read "switching time", to be honest though we have found other books far more helpful."The stranger in the mirror", for example, is fantastic, as is "The insanity myth" (which is by the same author).
  11. vallie000

vallie000 New Member

Thanks for this. I've bookmarked the page with the graph. Very useful. I'm, by the way, DID, 100% co-conscious now.
  12. James B.

James B. New Member Premium Member

Found the graph. Thanks.

Well, I don't have a DID, not sure about DDNOS.

What happens is, under stress/extreme stress my voice charchteristics, along with an attendent attitude, can change. And in certain cases when the stress - either externally or internally stimulated - the voice charachteristic/attitude gets stuck. Some or most of the time.

Others have noticed this about me too. Its all me, I remember everything, no problem there. When I was seeing my first T, I told him I wanted to "find my true voice". He seemed to know exactly what I meant.

As a young adult, I didn't like my "native" voice (or myself). So, I worked to change it. Is this voice/attitude shift part of the external shell/person I created to deal with 'creating a life for myself'?

Had been unable to talk about this before, so just thanking everyone for helping me get to the point where I can. Very helpful for me to explore this.