1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Guilt Over Saying NO

Discussion in 'General' started by becvan, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Ack! What is with this.

Why can't I just say no and leave it at that?

Work called and asked me to work at 11 tonight (they called at 6 tonight.) So, then my boss calls and asks about it. I told her no one is available to babysit for me (this is the August long weekend, everyone is camping or something). Now I feel extremely guilty. I'm fretting over getting fired (they can fire me for refusing shifts believe it or not) and my stomach is all twisted up in knots.

What to you guys do to relieve this???

Bec

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

wow...what a tough one. I used to work night shifts for a maternity ward and there would be times I would be called to see if I could work some part of the shift. I had a tough time saying no. But when I felt my worst, I lied. That's right, I said either I had to do something or I didn't feel well (and that's not really a lie...)

I don't see how you can even work, Bec. Most of us can't work, let alone working with other people that need help too. Hard to help others if we don't feel well. Try not to think about your boss. And make tonight worth saying no. Take a bath, watch a movie, read a book, spend time with your son.

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Thanks Nam.

What a great idea, to make it worth it. You know the silly part?? I had to say no because it's legitimate! Otherwise I would have worked.

(I'm unable to say no otherwise and can't lie, the guilt I'd feel over that would do me it.. :dontknow: )

Bec