1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Had a Bad Week - Old Police Partner Killed

Discussion in 'General' started by Terry, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Did pretty good last week but Friday I found out that an old (police) partner was killed in a car accident after work. She was a good friend. It's kinda different (a partner Vs friend), maybe more like family. After I found out about Connie being killed I had a scheduled Psyc. visit. All I could do was rant about how the PD is screwing me around, Connie being killed, About friends being Killed or eating a bullet. God I just want a break.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

sorry that you had such a bad week, terry. step back, and breathe!
    cathy

4. Boo-Damphir

Boo-Damphir Active Member

Hey Terry, a big pat on the back for you seeking the psych help at this difficult time for you! Avail yourself to the Department Chaplain or whoever you feel most comfortable with. And you very well may want to discuss with them the option of taking some additional days off to get a break.

Day before yesterday we had a huge HUGE funeral for a policeman who was shot. One thing that struck me was not only how close this family in blue was with eachother, but the fact that even during the funeral many of his co-workers still had to be on duty. The city still needed protection and assistance, these folks have to put their feelings aside long enough to concentrate on their job.

Your anger at the PD is understandable. Life isn't fair. I hope you find this place to be another resource for you to vent.
    It's going to be difficult, but it WILL be ok.
    ~Boo

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Just got a call a bit ago to go back to work. I've been off work for over a year without pay. Battles with the city have taken a toll. I have a disability retirement pending (seizures as a result of head injuries) which will likely not happen. Now some in the PD want me to apply for a PTSD retirement. Gaggles of IDOTS. I don't know how I feel about going back to work. Not afraid of the bad guys, ironicly thats where I feel the most in control. Just think I my be afraid of the bad/sad things I'll see and having a seizure, flashbacks and such. Wish me luck ya'll.

6. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

Good luck and hang in there, buddy!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar