• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Had An Episode At Work About Someone Being "uncomfortable" With My Email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to get this off my chest. I have begun tackling my ptsd after finding out about it approx a month ago. Thought I was doing good with CBT and light meds. One little thing at work can show you how unstable you are though.
Dealing with a new alarm system being installed in my building, and there is no one claiming responsibility for questions/problems, etc etc. Head of maintenance directed my questions/problems to a girl in IT. So I directed my string of emails to her about the problems arising. This gal forwarded my emails to my boss and said they make her "uncomfortable". Jeeze..that really really upset me. I felt like she was claiming sexual harassment on me. Very upsetting. I want to find a new job actually. I did add a joke to the end of the email thread which was in no way sexual or inappropriate! I just aced my Masters level Business Communications course, I know how to write an email and keep it appropriate. Maybe she's touchy, or doesn't like someone from my department contacting someone with her elite status. I dont know. but im upset and actively seeking employment elsewhere.

How exactly did she say it? Is it possible she meant she felt uncomfortable answering questions she didn't have the authority to answer? Maybe the head of maintenance was just wrong to redirect to her and she really had no way to answer them ... Or did she actually say something about sexual harassment? It sounds like some sort of misunderstanding

Here's the joke, "btw, if you hear of the district hiring any project managers, (other school district has 3! ), keep in mind that i'm certified! wink wink nudge nudge, have a great day!" would that sentence really make someone uncomfortable? I'm simply saying, if you hear of a job opening for PM, keep me in mind! I said that, cause the PM duties for this project just fell in her lap. And we'd both probably appreciate a PM job being created.. Maybe i'm blowing it out of proportion, but the thought of someone being upset with somethign i wrote really upset me.

Eh I'd chalk it up to this person just being weird. Some people get offended by the most mundane...
Yeah, i'm letting it go now. It just triggered some terrible stuff in me. Had to write it down. Now i feel like posting this here isnt that important. Sorry guys, dont wanna waste anyones time. I started an ADHD drug just before this, and think it did some bad stuff to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back