• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Had Enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny1969

New Here
hi all, i was mentally and sexually abused as a child by my stepfather, my mother was unable to protect herself let alone me.
l then had a ten year relationship with a man who also mentally and physically abused me.
I've been single for fifteen years, spent most of it bringing up my three sons and during this time seen numerous councilars and been on different medication. l was recently told I have cpdtd and my first fault was "I'm not mad" however I've been struggling for the last two months and I just want to give up...I've had enough. I've even gone as far as planning it and I cannot see any way back and to be honest l don't want to.

@jenny1969 Welcome and really you are not "mad", as PTSD is a disorder caused by a normal response to an abnormal situation. With multiple traumas, people just get stuck in that response. However, you can get better and life can be enjoyable again. It may not seem possible at this moment and it is critical that you get help to deal with what you are feeling right now. Depression and suicidal feelings are common with PTSD, but they are serious and need to be addressed immediately.

The members here really do understand and as you read, there are a lot of threads and posts that can provide some ideas for symptom management. Reach out and get the help that you need and if you can't do it for yourself right now, do it for your children.

Being here is a huge step and hopefully one that will ultimately support your healing. That your counselors missed the mark for so long must be incredibly frustrating. Please give yourself the gift of self-compassion by continuing to pursue treatment, despite the rocky road you've been on. Hard to see it now, but take it from others here that there will be better days ahead for you. God bless and welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back