• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Halloween

• Thread starter Deleted member 44579
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 44579

I hate Halloween... It's when I was hurt badly by a group of men when I was a kid.... See I'm reminded of it everywhere. TV, shops, radio.... Billboards... Children..

It's my anniversary.. How do you cope on or around your rapes?.... And is it like mine... On a day that is generally celebrated every f*cking where!!!!...

I have to try to flip the usual script and love and nurture myself through them all as healthily as possible, and that looks different each time, depending on the moment.

I loathe and don't partake in ANY of the hellidays any longer now that I realize all the BS behind them, and then totally switched all of my consumption habits for the health and ethics of it, so going out in public feels a whole lot like you described, every single day.

What are some things that make you feel lighter, feel loved, feel comforted, make you giggle or laugh, make you glad you're alive and breathing, make you feel safe and secure? Do more of that and create some new more pleasant memories to knock the other ones on their bothersome little asses when they arrive. Wishing you well.

Can you do a forced isolation on the day itself? Make it a day where you indulge in self care. Ea...
Thanks good advice tornadic thoughts and eve Harrington.

I do isolate myself now... A few weeks before.. And after Halloween. I have however learned this the hard way...I'm learning my triggers, and what I need to do to protect myself and others... As I'm angry, angry this happened to me, to all of us. Angry that it's hard to be intimate.....
Angry that we have to live with this shit the rest of our lives.

I don't have any Halloween memories that are particularly bad, but I can totally relate to not wanting to celebrate during a time of year when I was previously harmed. Personally, Halloween is not really my "cup of tea" anyway, I much prefer to celebrate Harvest Festival on that day. So I put up a sign on my door that says, HAPPY HARVEST and if any kids do come asking for candy, I give them some of my sugar free ones, because I don't keep sugar in the house and I refuse to bring it into my house for a holiday that I don't even celebrate.

As to the costumes and all those spider's webs and ghosts, I'm not into that at all! Just give me a couple of hay stacks and I will be happy.

How do you cope on or around your rapes?.

I don't. I distract like hell. Everything is a trauma-versery for me. Holloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, 4th of July, my birthday, their birthday, the baby my mom lost's birthday...everything. Anything they could celebrate they did by traumatizing me. Most of fall through about the end of April is really just hell. So I distract. Maybe not the best idea or advice but it's what I do and how I get through it.

I don't. I distract like hell. Everything is a trauma-versery for me. Holloween, Christmas...

That's awful and sick. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I totally hide away from the world.... Cos otherwise I get really angry at men mostly and if I'm out and, If I feel I'm being stared at I lose it..... And scream and shout... And end up looking like an idiot or have to deal with an aggressive male... Not nice... A few times the police have been called by others but once I explain my PTSD they are usually fine. Yeah f*cked up.. And not one of us had a choice about what happened to us. It was NEVER OUR FAULTS.... Take care of yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back