1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hang In There Jods! Get Emotional If Needed

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Jen, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hey Jods are you ok its quite alright to get emotional! As you said you should be proud of him for trying to better himself.
    It is a very positive move!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Thanks Jen

Hubby's a little bit freaked out because there was 2 suicide attempts yesterday. He did say that he did some painting & did manage to have a good nights sleep. (they are trying different meds)
    I'm doing ok. My parents are having our son this whole weekend so I can have my own "shutdown". My plan is to grab a bottle of red & spend my time reading White Thorn by Bryce Courtenay & doing some stuff around the house. Can't wait!

Hope things are well with you & your hubby!

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Yer, I'm with Jen... talk it out if you need too. Does Rob ring every night, or not allowed?

5. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Ahhh, little one has been throwing up this morning so there goes my plan to take him out & about today. Will try to see how he is later because I've got to get hubby some more meds to take to him tomorrow.
    Rob has his mobile so he can sms me when he wants & he has a phone in his room. I told him that I won't contact him so I let him call me when he wants to. He just let me know that they have moved him to a room on his own, fingers crossed they don't move him again.

At the moment it's just like the old days, Rob's away & Ayden & I are at home!

6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Bugger Jods sick kids ( memories) they just dont have any respect for timing do they?:smile:
    Ah a bottle of wine and a good book sounds good!
    Jen

7. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Met up with hubby yesterday after his doc appt. He was told he can leave the hosp during the day so he's happy about that.

I think he is really going to get the chance to recharge his batteries in there. He has been doing things in the art room & is enjoying that. I better get that ashtray he kept on joking about!LOL!

Ayden is better & we went to the greyhound races for the 1st time last night for my BIL's birthday. It was a good night, Ayden loved the dancing dogs as he called them!

Ayden goes for his weekend to my parents tonight so I can't wait!

Bottle of red, music cranked up, a dvd or my book in front of the air con (we're expecting 40c this weekend) ahhhh feeling the serenity already!

8. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thats great Jods I hope things keep improving!
    40 degrees yuk it doesnt get that hot in Townsville!
    Oh thats right but we have 100% humidity anyway I am off for a game of golf which will be lovely and hot :wink:
    Jen

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Great news jods... good to know he is doing well, and you are coping. Not long now till he is home and you have your buddy back.

10. Andrea42

Andrea42 Active Member

Jods,
    Have not talked to you in a while....
    Im glad things are good at the moment :)
    You are a great individual and so strong! i am proud of you....

11. jods

jods Well-Known Member

I have to laugh, took Ayden to doc today to find out that he may have chickenpox,again.

Looks like Hubby won't be seeing his boy this week! Lucky I went & saw him on my own yesterday.

I'm so glad I have a sense of humour!

12. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Gee thats no good Jods I hope he doesnt get to sick with them.
    Hope you are staying ok through all this!
    Jen

13. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen

I'm lucky because Ayden hasn't been sick with them. He just gets itchy.

I'm coping & doing fine. I'm using my support network when I need to.

Just waiting to see when they are going to let hubby out. Should know in a day or two.