1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Jen, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to everyone I have just got back from a weekend away hubby didnt feel up to going so I went by myself.
    He seems a little bit better pretty quiet but we are having conversations.
    I said my resolution is to lose a bit of weight he said he would like to as well I am sure we said that last year but anyway I will encourage him with this.
    Back to work tomorrow holiday over.
    Heres hoping for a better year than last year!
    Jen

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Andrea42

Andrea42 Active Member

Happy New year to you Jen and everyone!! Glad things are ok Jen... looks like its off to a decent start :)

4. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Ok I'm a little late but Happy New Year to all!

As I was watching my son running around blowing bubbles a thought occurred to me. One of my sayings is "Put it in a bubble & blow it all away". So what I thought that I will do in the next day or so is buy my own bubbles & any baggage that I have carried with me to this new year that I should keep in the past I'm going to put it in a bubble & blow it all away. Kind of a cleansing thing I suppose & I get to have some fun at the same time!

5. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Promise me Jods when you decide that you are going to stand and blow bubbles you dont do it in public or you may get carted away:rofl:
    Jen

6. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hmmm, now you've got me thinking. Do you think wearing fairy wings & throwing glitter also would be too much!:crazy-eye

7. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thats funny I think Anthony should have a spouse section for the ones who are going loopy:eek:ccasion:
    Off to golf now have fun with those bubbles!
    Jen

8. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks Andrea so far so good. But we will take it easy.
    Jen

9. jods

jods Well-Known Member

LOL Jen
    Hey sign me up for that section!

I suppose having a 3 1/2yo keeps in touch with my inner child & gives me the excuse that blowing bubbles, jumping in puddles & playing in the rain to make mud pies is showing my boy it's ok to have fun & do silly things that make you feel happy & give you a big belly laugh!

Hope you enjoyed your golf! Gotta go the bubbles are waiting for me......

10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi Jods are you guys near Renmark thay had a big storm there yesterday I saw on the news last night?
    Jen

11. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen
    We're about 10mins from the RAAF base in Adelaide. My sister lives up that way but not close enough to be affected by it.
    Is your son still down here or has he gone to Darwin? If you do come down here to see him let me know & we'll go for coffee. (There is a golf course about 10mins away from the base too!)

12. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hey that would be good Jods I cant see me going down there for a while though he is still down there he hopes to go to Darwin next year. I am hoping he can come home end of Feb for a weekend I am planning surprise
    50th for hubby.
    Jen

13. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed & good luck with planning the party.
    Silly question but do you think your hubby can deal with a surprise party? I just don't want to see you put heaps of work into it & him not being able to cope with the "surprise" element. What is it they say, forearmed is forewarned or something like that.
    I think it's nice that you want to do something special for him, you're hubby is a lucky man to have you!