1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Happy Thread - What Makes You Smile?

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Jen, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi whats the chances of us carers having a thread and write about anything that makes you smile as we know sometimes we let our partners / sufferers problems become overbearing and we dont think about ourselves!
    It doesnt matter how trivial the reason is just a smile a day hey!
    Something that makes me smile are my kids when I see them and my animals!
    And a good smile this week was the movie Hairspray it was great!
    Come on lets think happy for a couple of minutes!:hello:
    Jen

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. jods

jods Well-Known Member

The thing that has made me smile this week are the following:

The massive hug I get from my son when I return from work everyday (& my hubby)

The ex customers from my old work seeing me at my new work. They have been glad to see me & are impressed to see me in my new role.

The way my fellow team mates at work have been kind to me even though I have made a few big stuff ups & have made me feel welcome.

4. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Lovely idea Jen. My grandchildren always make me smile. Today however I was a bit "evil" as Evie and Jacob would say, as I smiled when my husband came home exhausted and cranky after taking the grandchildren to Wal-Mart. Not that I have a nasty streak usually, however he was so very smug about it being easy and him being "in control of the situation" and so on that I simply had to gloat a bit upon his return! :rofl:

5. Tammy

Tammy Active Member

I think this thread is a great idea... What makes me smile? Having my two year old son, wake up and say 'good morning, I love you Mummy', it is the best way to start the day. He makes me smile when he speaks now as well as he is starting to talk in broken sentences. My youngest is 5 and a half months and he is rolling over and trying to crawl- what mother doesn't smile at that? I get the biggest smile of a night time. Jackson and I go outside and look at the stars every night and he blows kisses to my Mum up North (she told him that she'll be looking at the moon at the same time and they can send moon beam kisses to each other), he tells her he loves her and says good night! But apart from family, simple things make me smile. For example, finding a card that says exactly what I am trying to express, reading poems, seeing the sun go down, watching my seeds begin to grow (I am trying to grow some flowers), I find that we often forget the simple things so I try to remember them every day. It also makes me smile to read the threads on this forum and see how we all try to help and encourage each other through our hard times, and congratulate each other during the good times. So I guess I should say "thanks Anthony, for making me smile".

Ps: SMILE-- it makes people wonder what you're up to...

6. jods

jods Well-Known Member

I love what you wrote about your kids Tammy.

I remember days where I would just sit & watch & play with Ayden. They grow up fast.
    I'm glad to report that since Dad has taken over the house, Ayden is really enjoying his Dad time.
    Thats another thing that makes me smile!:smile:

7. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

What makes me smile is it has been 4 months since my op and there is an old dear over at the golf club who is still giving me hand made get well card she puts a little joke in them every time.
    I told her not to do any more but she said she enjoys it so I will let her go I am sure she will run out of ideas soon?
    She is a darl:kiss:
    Jen

8. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Working a short shift!

Get to have coffee & cake with my hubby after work & then we pick up our son from kindy.

Watching the boys cook together. Ayden is in the "I want to help" mode.

9. jods

jods Well-Known Member

I'm going to the Powderfinger/Silverchair concert tonight with a friend.

I've had today off work & hubby is in town & Ayden is in daycare.

It's an all about me day & I'm loving it!

10. Damiea

Damiea Well-Known Member

It's Halloween!!! I get so excitecd when the kids have so much fun.. they just LOVE dressing up and puting on makeup and trick-or-treating! Oldest is a good witch and little one is a princess fairy "again!" LOL
    seeing kids running around town and the whole town making the night special for the kids so they can have so much fun alwase shows me how much good really is out there in the world if we look for it.

11. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

I am an animal lover... So I love to watch my animals when they are playing.. whether its playing ball or carrying a stick around or making the chickens leave their food alone or get out of their area. I love to watch the birds --- hummingbirds have been fighting over the feeders.

I had to laugh at a sign I saw on the Bank door the other day........PLEASE REMOVE ANY FACE MASKS BEFORE ENTERING THIS BANK, IT'S FOR YOUR SAFETY...

What happen to our world that kids can't trick or treat safely anymore...???

I saw a deal on the internet a few days ago about costumes for holloween for your pets...lol...NO I did not buy any costumes...

keep laughing out loud... enjoy every thing you can.............................................
    Take care

Donna
    aka/wildcritter

12. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member

Great idea Jen !

Today I saw the first snowflakes of the season...well they were teenie little flakes lol ...didn't stay on the ground..but I smiled huge !

Snuggling with my bf makes me smile :)

Seeing my bf smile makes me smile :)

Playing and having a conversation with my niece's 4 year old daughter "our little treasure" makes me smile !

My 2 adult sons hugging me, their "old mama" makes me smile !

5:00 on a working day makes me smile ! lol

Seeing Santa Claus makes me smile ! yess I still believe him Santa lol

The list goes on and on ! Keep on smiling and laughing, the world will smile and laugh with you !

13. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Looking at my two dogs laying beside me while I am on the computer they are so faithful I love them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar