• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dom Violence Has anyone else had a bad feeling something might happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah726

New Here
can anyone else tell about their experience if they also had felt a bad feeling or gut feeling shortly before they ended up getting hurt?

Here are some uncanny intuitive experiences I had during my long term relationship,... because I have been made to feel in my life by some people hat I'm too sensitive or too led by my feelings, I tried to brush off the gut feelings or warnings I felt trying to be more pragmatic and "sensible"

Early in the morning before I was assaulted by my bf, I woke up having this strong uncomfortable sense of something bad might happen- my stomach was upset, other physical stuff like heart beating kind of fast, etc it was an awful feeling. I even looked at the calendar thinking what is it about today? I brushed it off but still felt it, attempting to be "reasonable and down to earth"... I did know it probably might have to do w my partner, that he might have an incident as there were past abuse he did to me... but he seemed like he was okay, so I tried to forget about how I had been feeling.. over the next couple hours tho he quickly became hostile, irritable, irrational and unpredictable-- my attempts at deescalating at what was clear was his quickly increasing verbal violence and threats, were not effective... my offer to go for a walk so he could be alone and calm down only resulted in his promise to put me in the hospital if I tried to leave... he wouldn't let me leave and unless I wanted to try my luck at outrunning him ( wasn't gonna happen he's a fast runner and I'm basically kind of a klutz plus he's a lot stronger quicker and more agile) so I was in a pressure cooker , yea that day quickly became a pure hell... he finally attacked me physically and a passerby called 911... so now I try to respect my gut feelings on stuff and forget about being reasonable and not listening to my gut. Has anyone else had a time they knew in their gut something was going to happen and it later did? ?

I'm sorry that happened with your boyfriend. It makes sense that you're intuitive. Some circumstances make it easier to deny that we have a sense of trouble coming on, than to deal with the outcomes. Anyway, I know as a survivor & person with PTSD, I'm always on alert and scanning for potential problems. This it's a survival tool. Trust your instincts.

Yes. I had a long standing DV event in my life. I seemed to have this extra spidey sense when crap was going to hit the fan.

Thanks for your replies... and how it happened to you as well ... there was this one time he wanted to go together somewhere, this was really strange and people can take it or not for what it was... the truth is about 9 months after we met one morning i picked up my phone it has you know data so there's news and apps and all that ... this one morning when I woke up ( this was before he had ever hit me the first time ) I woke up and picked up my phone to see the time and listen to music when I saw something kind of odd-- somehow there was a YouTube video that was up there it was about a woman who had been kidnapped and taken in a car and then assaulted -- i don't know how it got there I hadn't been on my phone and lived still alone at that point before he and I moved in together... somehow this video came on, so I just watched the five or so minutes of it telling the account of a woman named Denise who had been held in a car for some hours and then assaulted... for just a few moments I had this thought wondering if I was meant to see that, it was too upsetting so I pushed it out of mind... apr 20 months down the road I found myself in a car with him, being driven around and held against my choice there while he ranted yelled threatened and eventually assaulted me... truth really is sometimes stranger than fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back