1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Has Anyone Tried Hypnotherapy?

Discussion in 'General' started by resurrection, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resurrection

resurrection Member

I have read things on the net about being able to disassociate yourself from the trauma using hypnosis. Anyone tried this?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

I have a close friend who is a trained hypnotherapist and we have had many sessions in them I usually take the time to get some much needed relaxation that is flashback free, we have been talking about tackling the Traumas and putting me in so I can re-live them in a safe environment, however we are doing this in close and constant contact with my therapist and psych. doc. good luck but also be careful

4. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

The stuff I learned in hypnotherapy are really easy to do for yourself once you learn how.

5. rob4444

rob4444 Active Member

i had 10 sessions..then a 2 year break...just started again,and after 2nd tie cutting hypnotherapy session i have noticed that i dont spend all day and night revisiting the past....havent noticed any other improvement..but it definately has stopped me from dwelling in the past...go for it...

6. resurrection

resurrection Member

Cheers lads

7. resurrection

resurrection Member

Cheers for responding

8. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

Hello, I tried it a while back too. It was ok but I had trouble relaxing enough to really benefit fully. I think its cetainly worth a try though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar