1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Has It Reoccurred After 33 Years? Industrial Accident

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gldnt, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gldnt

gldnt New Member

do i have ptsd.and reoccurance

:walking: I was involved in a industrial accident on October 9th,1973 at the age of 18.I was left with a leg length discrempency from a fractured thigh bone.i now have arthritis in leg.I walk with a limp.I have recently aquired a shoe with lift, which has been a difficult thing for me , as it has stirred up thoughts of the accident and the physical and psycological effect that i have suffured,since the accident,so long ago.The shoes with lift have balanced my lower extremities , but the moderate pain and numbness goes to my brain and I have to shut down.
    The accident was very traumatic for me.I was in a large machine that was turned on as I was inside. was like a very large clothes dryer,except this dryer dried lead conentrate.The heat was turned off. The 12 foot diameter,200foot long started rotating with me being 100 feet from the door.I heard the motors kick in.With every turn of the dryer was injured in some way.i was knock unconious and buried long enough for my past to flash before my eyes and see no future

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. gldnt

gldnt New Member

has it reoccurred after 33 years

Hello my name is Bob and i live in kamloops ,british columbia .i have discovered that i may have ptsd ,33 years after an industrial accicdent ,that almost killed me and i was buried with no hope for the future.i got to the point where my life traced back .recently because of a physical rehabilitation program for the broken leg i suffered,the ptsd has surfaced.I cannot say if i have ptsd .can anyone here help me ?

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi Bob.

Follow these links to help yourself determine if you have PTSD. It's a good place to start.

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/forms/ptsd-diagnosis/[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/forms/ptsd-assessment/[/DLMURL]

Also, read up on PTSD here:

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/forum12.html[/DLMURL]

There are numerous threads there that will be helpful!

And welcome to the forum!

bec

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
  5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum. Damn... that sounds quite scary to say the least... buried alive basically.

6. Audrey_Hepburn

Audrey_Hepburn New Member

I'm so sorry for you

Hi, I'm Audrey, I'm pretty new here too.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I almost started having flashbacks of my own trauma when I was reading your story! You poor thing : (

Hope we can be of help to each other :kiss:

Take care,
    Audrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar