• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hate Not Being in Control of My Feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remnarc

Learning
:hit-boss::wall::crazy-eye:crazy:

That is how I feel today, don't know why either. Hate not being even remotely close to controlling my attitudes.

Sitting in the chat channel if anyone else wants to chit chat.

Gregg

Hey gregg... sorry, obvious time difference for the chat. I beg to differ, in that you do know why, or suspect why you feel the way you do, you just might not be able to put your finger exactly on it. What are you feeling whilst in this mood gregg? Your title expresses most off the answer already... you feel a lack of control. What in regard too? You then begin with "hate" another emotional response, which means there are underpinning emotions causing you to use the word "hate." What are they?

Really not sure. Let me think on this more and get back to you. Gotta get going to the parents for the holiday.

Gregg

I have learned that in times of panic or not being able to control the emotions that come over me, to sit still in the emotions.

When you sit still the dust settles and you can see around you. When you freak out you keep running around, kicking up more dust.

Sometimes when I sit quietly and "wait for it to pass", you can feel a bit of a hysterical peak, but then it goes down, and you can collect your thoughts from there.

It may take some practice, but it really does work.

Hope this may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back