• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Have Any Of You Read This Book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
The book is called THE EMOTION CODE and here is what is said about it on amazon.com

"In The Emotion Code, renowned holistic physician and lecturer Dr. Bradley Nelson skillfully lays bare the inner workings of the subconscious mind. He reveals how emotionally-charged events from your past can still be haunting you in the form of "trapped emotions"; emotional energies that literally inhabit your body. Dr. Nelson explains clearly and concisely how trapped emotions can create pain, malfunction and eventual disease. In addition, trapped emotions can exert a dramatic effect on how you think, the choices that you make, and how successful you will be. Perhaps the most important discovery that Dr. Nelson has made is that trapped emotional energies will often gather around the heart, creating a "Heart-Wall" that may block you from giving and receiving love freely. The Emotion Code is a powerful and simple way to rid yourself of unseen baggage. Releasing trapped emotions often results in the sudden disappearance of physical problems, self-sabotage, and recurring relationship difficulties. Filled with real-world examples from many years of clinical practice, The Emotion Code is a distinct and authoritative new work that is destined to become an instant classic on self-healing."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My niece just called me and told me that she did a therapy session with a therapist that does these kinds of sessions. I thought it sounded very interesting and feel I should buy it, but I figured some of you might find it useful too,, so I thought I would share.

There is also a book that her therapist recommended which is somehow connected to the above book, and it is called

FULL BODY PRESENCE and it is by Susan Shurlock.

Here is what amazon.com says about it:

"Many teachers stress the importance of living in the present moment. Few give the actual practices to make it attainable. This book teaches you how to return to the incredible navigational system of the body and more fully inhabit each moment.

"For over twenty-five years, Suzanne Scurlock-Durana has masterfully taught her step-by-step practice of present moment awareness through her own combination of bodywork and CranioSacral therapy. The practices of Full Body Presence help you find a deeper awareness in the moment, even in the midst of chaos, family and work demands, or the pressure to perform. This deeper awareness also brings a fuller sense of trust and confidence in yourself and in the world. Full Body Presence is filled with concrete, life-friendly explorations and instruction clearly presented in both the book and the free accompanying downloadable audio files."

Oh! And my niece said that it was her massage therapist that introduced her to this!

So, have any of you read either of these books?

Please feel free to move this note, if I placed it in the wrong category. I was not sure where the best place to post it would be.

Last edited:
He reveals how emotionally-charged events from your past can still be haunting you in the form of "trapped emotions"; emotional energies that literally inhabit your body.
Absolutely. I am certain that is why my trauma came up when I rekindled .... acupuncture therapy to release my frozen shoulder. I held the core part of my infant/toddler trauma there. I wasn't ready for it to be released. It was too much. I felt her scraping away the crap.... and my subconscious responded with a vengeance.

Perhaps the most important discovery that Dr. Nelson has made is that trapped emotional energies will often gather around the heart, creating a "Heart-Wall" that may block you from giving and receiving love freely.
People kept asking me to ground to my feet. I have no real attachment to my body. I didn't understand why I couldn't. Then I recognized that I felt my heart more. So I shone light out through my heart when I wanted to ground. It helped tons.

I think when therapists actually realize that this is a body/heart/mind/soul issue, and deal with all elements, great leaps forward will be made in PTSD stabilization. Thank you so much for the reference to this book @SheilaKathy . I will be certain to look it up.

I hope that your health is improving. :hug:

Yes, I am doing much better today, thanks. I had someone from my mental health center come by and counsel me on what I should do. He said to take my medicine bottles all down to my drug store and have them look to see if any of my meds are causing these troubles. He felt that possibly two of them might be interacting poorly since I recently I had to buy some of my meds from a different drug store when my usual one was closed. Therefore, it is possible that my drug stores have not been able to catch anything like this, due to them not having all the data. I will do this later this week, as today is a holiday and it also is very cold out!

If I buy either of these books, I will definitely let all of you know how they helped me and if I find them interesting. My niece said that the second book I mentioned above is a Self-Help book. That indeed interests me, as I am on a low budget and I do need help. I'd venture to say that all of us here need help and a lot of us might benefit from either of these books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back