• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Have you ever been ashamed of your sufferer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ozaf

I know this question is a tough one. Here is Libub, whose sufferer takes a backpack gor jogging. And he is a fussy eater, who does not like his salat and I have to pick his clothes for him because the choice is to difficult (but all his clothes look nearly the same).

Sorry, was posted before I was done writing. I could not help feeling embarrassed and then I felt great disappointment and embarrassment about myself for even thinking so.

Yes. Or maybe a better way to put it is that I feel embarrassed on his behalf. Sometimes, especially when agitated or triggered in public, he puts his worst foot forward (making a racist remark, cutting someone off on the highway, being especially critical of someone or something) -- and that reaction is what he gets judged by, when in reality, that is not who he is when regulated. It makes me sad that that's what people think of him, as an asshole POS, when they see him in a bad place.

When that happens I tend to get more upset with the people judging him... unless he IS being an asshole. Then I get irritated with him for being an asshole.

As a sufferer I am very often ashamed of my own self & whaI I do or don't or 'need', or how I am at any given moment, I am partly or fully aware.

I don't think a parent-child dynamic is good for a relationship.

But, for one example, I can't go to a Dr alone so therefore mostly I haven't, for 35 years. And shamefully, I can't imagine not holding someone's hand there (and I'd probably unintentionally, no exageration, break their fingers. :(

I know it's hard to be understanding, not take it personally, not for it to be a turn-off/ seem stupid/ silly or over-done. :(

Junebug

Sorry, I did not want to hurt your feelings. I am sorry. Just wanted to vent and talk to other supporters.

I'm so sorry you did not hurt my feelings, it s I who should have thought more before posting, it's important you can tell the truth.

JB

It's mutual! All of the above, but I know he thinks I'm an elitist donkey. He tells me so frequently.
The thing that's sad is that it's hard to have mutual friends and what I would call normal conversation/exchange of ideas.
Hope I haven't strayed too far from the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back