• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Have You Forgiven The People Who Hurt You

Have you forgiven the people who hurt you?

• Yes

Votes: 25 15.6%
  • No, but I want to.

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • No, I would never consider it.

Votes: 66 41.3%
  • Other

Votes: 36 22.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Partially I have forgiven, but sometimes the anger comes back. I try not to let it get me down and it can eat you up.

I ticked 'other' for this reason. I can forgive a person, but if that person has no idea I have forgiven them there is no reciprocation, no closure. To discuss it with a person and to 'make up' is OK but with someone who you may never see again I feel it is more a case of letting go of my hate and anger, letting the other person go. This might be forgiveness but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure what that forgiveness would look like. One parent is dead and the other is pretty old and trying to come to grips with certain decisions she has made. To be honest, I have trouble forgiving myself for potentially passing bad/dysfunctional habits on to my now adult children. Same with things I've said to my wife. I'm afraid I'm too angry right now to seriously consider forgiveness, and when I do I will need to start here first. And when I am a little more whole I'll think about my parents.

Nope. I see them for what they are. And they wont change, but neither am I going to allow them to do their shit any more either.

I'm not trying to harm them, and if they cant see what they do to others (not just me) then the only thing I can do is not allow them to harm me. For that I should forgive them? For me not harming them.....I have to also do the forgiving? Excuse me?

I dont seek revenge. But neither have I forgiven. Its two different things.

No and I honestly don't think I ever will.

I am full of hate towards him and I'm also sure if I bumped into him I'd be frozen with fear as he still scares me and I haven't seen him for 15 yrs.

He's tried through friends we share so I cut them out of my life. I'm the only one I can trust to keep me safe and him away from me.

I saw my sister yesterday. I hate her. She refuses to believe what her evil scumbag disgusting husband did to me. So, no I don't forgive her. I don't forgive him. I don't forgive my mother.

I do forgive myself. For buying into the guilt trip they laid on me all this time. Making me think everything was my fault. I now know: WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. I see that for what it is: Bullsh*t.

I know that feeling he told me it was my fault because sometimes I just made him so mad. He would buy me red roses I now hate red roses, and your right they were wrong as was my ex.

So we are better with them out of our lives.

Forgiveness is withen the human capacity. I don't think it's possible to forgive something that is not human but rather recognize it for what it is: evil. If I were to step on a flaming pile of poop should I forgive it for the injury it caused my foot? Naw. No need for that but I sure would be careful about ever stepping in a flaming pile of s#*%t ever again!

Well I have multiple traumas, some people I've forgiven-they didn't mean to traumatize me, they just said stuff that ended up somehow becoming traumatic. Others were just in the wrong place at tge wrong time like i was; they arent to be blamed-no one is-it was circumstance not people. Others I thought I had but never will- because of the number of people involved and my different feelings towards them I put "other".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back