1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

He Won - Yet I Caused The Breakup

Discussion in 'General' started by canucklady, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canucklady

canucklady Active Member

he won, he said if he couldn't be with me, he would make sure no else would be with me. i left him after many years. now i cant trust any man. i can be intimate with any man. i broke up with my current bf because of this. would get so triggered when he got angry or try to get close to me. i broke his heart when i left him. the worse thing is i love him, but my mind and body would not let him get close. so had to leave. was hard to explain to him all the time why i was shaking or get scared over argument.
    he won
    i give up
    i will be alone forever

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

canucklady,

Don't let him make you feel like a victim.
    You won when you left him!

About your feelings about being alone forever... as unlikely as that is... what would be so bad about it?
    I constantly struggle right now with my boyfriend of 9 years, as my fears and lack of interest make intimate moments harder than they should be.

LC23 likes this.
  4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hang in there, there are some out there that can be supportive and understanding. i pray that you find one, if that's what you want.
    cathy

5. moki

moki Guest

as horrible as a breakup is, it is also a new start. my marriage is in bigtime trouble and i don't know if i'll be able to save it or not. i have caused so much trouble this year with this weird behavior of mine, that the control over my life has been significantly reduced. I know if we break up it will be horribly traumatic; but another part of me thinks that it will be a chance to find out who i really am, all by myself.

I don't think I've ever really been all my own person, ever. Always parents around telling me how to be; husband there with his own agenda I end up following, etc.

Hang in there. really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar