• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Heard any good ones recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
Have you heard any good stories about people lately? Funny things that people did or unusual things that happened? Miracles? Jokes? In other words, what have you heard about lately that made you laugh or made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

I'm looking for the kinds of things that don't generally make it into the news, because they are too happy or nice or good. (The news is so depressing to watch, I have not watched it in something like 40 years)!

Anyway, I love to read about real life experiences that happened to either you, someone you know or someone you may even have simply heard about. I want to know about what brought out a chuckle in you or your friends and family.

It can even be a story about an animal or a pet. I love those too!

I just want to hear about things that cheer us up!

You know that old saying, "Laughter is the best medicine...."

Last edited:
I don't know if this counts here, but I work in the school system and work with kids with physical and cognitive disabilities, and one of the students came up to me on Wednesday and went "Yo GO girl!" right out of the blue and did a z-snap, told me I was rockin' my outfit, and skipped down the hall.

On Friday one of our kids who uses an Assistive Technology electronic board couldn't stop laughing at a joke so much he was squealing every time he told it to us, which made it great. The joke was this: "What do psychologists play with?" "Mental blocks!"

I hope that was a day brightener. :)

My 99 year old friend who we call Buster, told us one yesterday that I think may be a true story, but I am not sure:

He said his friend told him this one during the war (he served in WWII) and he said that his friend was asked to supper by some strangers. The man was reluctant, not knowing these people and not knowing what kinds of foods they would be serving. However, they were insistent and so he finally agreed to come and eat with them.

They served a nice chicken dinner with all the "fixin's" and he felt satisfied and was happy he had come to eat with them.

Then, as he was leaving, he saw a chicken outside, and all of a sudden it fell over and died, just like that!

He asked them what was wrong with the chicken, and they said, "We don't know, but they are dying father than we can eat them!"

Well, maybe it isn't a true story.... ;)

This was a while ago, also in the news... Back when they put stories like this in the news, so you can guess how old this is. But I've never forgotten it.

A four year old girl in eastern Europe was playing outside in her backyard in late winter with her little dog. Her mum, keeping an eye on her from the kitchen window went off the answer the phone. When she came back to look outside a few moments later, the kid had wandered off, no where to be seen.
The mother called the police, a subsequent search of the surrounding woods, found nothing. Being winter, the average nighttime temperature was below freezing, that night specifically was -15°C (5°F). Bloody cold, in other words. As night approached they still hadn't found the little girl, but they had to give up the search for the day. The rescue party grew for the following morning.

(For anyone who isn't aware. In situations such as this, the odds of finding a child alive, are very remote. It's just too cold, and a four year old can't make a fire or shelter. But..... Don't worry too much, I'm just building dramaticism.)

First thing the next morning, the rescuers set out to find the girl. A few hours into the search one of the rescuers hears a dog barking. They follow the sound, to where by a creek they found a very cold, soaking wet, scared, but very much alive little girl.
As it turned out, not long after the child wandered off, she fell into this creek, got soaked and fell asleep (hypothermia). Her little dog, climbed on top of her and kept her warm through the freezing night. Only leaving her to draw the attention of the rescuers.

Other than a little bit of frostbite, the child suffered no permanent injury despite being out all night in soaking wet clothes. She was soon reunited with her mother.

That's my favourite news story. I'll never forget it.
Still makes me smile.

Have you heard any good stories about people lately? Funny things that people did or unusual things...

I hope the following story meets some of your criteria.

I was having lunch with some good friends the other day. Usually we get together about twice a year to share a meal and catch up on things.

Here’s the scoop: there’s one less ‘shiner in Mississippi.

Yep. You read that right. My friend has a cousin in Mississippi who was stupid enough to put his ‘still’ up for sale on Craig’s list. Though his wife had advised against it, he went ahead and did it. Guess what the results were? When the police arrived, the wife was pouring moonshine down the toilet in a frantic attempt to get rid of it. I was told that it was a very, very fine still....a veritable work of art made with the most tender and loving meticulous care. But, for whatever reason, the king of stupidity just had to put up it for sale on the Internet! Hey, if he wanted to get out of his distillation business, he could’ve just stopped using the still and kept it as a form of yard art.
Fortunately, he was only charged with a misdemeanor and had to pay a fine. Law enforcement did, however, seize the “yard art.” Can’t imagine what they could possibly want with it. ;)

The now former moonshiner lives in a very small town where everybody knows who he is. His mistake has destroyed his family‘s secondary income stream. That is a darn shame. This is one of those cases where he should have just said to his wife, “Yes dear, you’re right,” and followed through on his wife‘s advice.

I hope the following story meets some of your criteria.

I was having lunch with some good fri...
LOL... still laughing out loud! YES! This is the kind of story I was hoping for when I wrote this thread. The GUT WRENCHING tears aflowing kinda humor that only a TRUE STORY can deliver. Thanks, I REALLY needed a good laugh today. :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back