• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Heartbeats - Broken In June 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookie58

New Here
I was broken in on in June 2004. Luckily for me I hadn't fallen asleep and when the laser light shone through my bedroom window I got up thinking it was my nephew Phillip( he loves those damn lasers). Was at the front door when I heard lock when they(s) broke in the back door. A sound like no other.
I didn't start having nightmares until August 2005 when I came back from Brooklyn. Always theives, thieves. My long lovely nails soon bitten off while I slept. I'd never been anle to grow them before. Not again since. January 2009 now.
Summer of 2005 my brother had a repairman in for his air conditoner. As this guy walked towards the front door he flicked on a laser light. Checking out the vents. I froze in stunned horror. Keith asked me what was wrong. I shook my head...no way to explain.
Oh God I look back at my life and wish I could understand why?

Hi Wookie, and welcome to the forum. This is a wonderful place, helpful and full of healing. Were you recently diagnosed, and have you done any sort of therapy yet?

Welcome to the forum. Your experience sounds scary. Take a look around and settle in. There is a lot of excellent information and support available here.

hey welcome to the forum!

I was also the victim of a break in when i was in college. not the source of my ptsd though. But i could not come to nyc for over a year after the incident. scary scary stuff. two came in through the window. no one was really hurt, but so messed up. i was in bed with my GF at the time. cops said they were crackheads. i scared them away by screaming and acting violent, but not going after them directly. i smashed up the apartment and made a tremendous noise. it worked and they retreated.

there are a bunch of people on this forum that will have suffered through an event or events similar to yours. this is a very supportive place.

sk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back