1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Heather's Mental Imagery

Discussion in 'General' started by EmeraldRiver, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldRiver

EmeraldRiver Member

// Start The Road Interview "copy between the tags" //

This is an imaginery journey down a road. Take in the sights, sounds and colours, just like a video camera recording all that lies surrounding you. Survey the scene, noticing whatis far off in the distance, the background surrounds, the weather, the season and a total image of what you view. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Try to visualize it as a picture on a canvas, but with movement, sound, colour and emotion. You are the surveyor on this journey. Draw your journey on paper if you desire, as it often shows clearer results, then attach your drawing via snapshot or scan to your post.

Q1. What colour is the road? White limestone - huge rocky slabs set into the earth with moss growing in between them.
    Q2. What texture is the road? Rocky...lol!
    Q3. How solid is the road? Very solid, very old, and winding gently- kinda beautiful actually.

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river? I swim, and swim and swim. It's a darn big river. So deep it might be bottomless and I am NOT happy I have to cross it. To be honest, I am terrified.
    Q5. What does the water look like? Dark black and rushing - like a huge river would look at night time during a flood.
    Q6. How fast is the water current? Incredibly fast. I am a good swimmer but I don't think I'm going to make it across after I get in. I feel it's quite dangerous and stupid to jump in - but I do.
    Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what? No. Nothing can survive in water moving this fast.

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house? White with gold trim - Victorian style, three stories.
    Q9. What condition is the house in? The house is very very old. I'm sure it dates to the mid 1800s. Not really run-down looking outside but I am the only one to want to go inside. I'm sure others just overlook this house because it's not new. But it's beautiful inside. 12 foot ceilings, beautiful woodwork and stained glass. Someone took a long time to restore or keep up this old house.
    Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who? No, the house is vacant and peaceful. I am very happy here.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup? Pure shiny black. It's like a mug - ceramic, but with feminine lines and a long curvy handle.
    Q12. What condition is the cup in? Good condition, no chips or cracks.
    Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what? Nothing is in the cup.

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail? There is a huge cliff that I cannot cross. There are caves underneath my cliff that are unexplorable because of the water.
    Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle? Nothing but the ocean for miles and miles. No land in sight. The sound of the water hitting the cliff below me is comforting.

// End The Road Interview "copy between the tags" //

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. EmeraldRiver

EmeraldRiver Member

Q1. What colour is the road? White limestone - huge rocky slabs set into the earth with moss growing in between them.

Not at all sure what white limestone means. I liked the natural look though. If I absolutely had to guess, maybe that means I like the road I'm currently on in life?

Q2. What texture is the road? Rocky...lol!

Again, not sure why the texture is important. Perhaps I need a better imagination. Sorry.

Q3. How solid is the road? Very solid, very old, and winding gently- kinda beautiful actually.

The path is not perfect, but beautiful. Very serene. I am feeling more peaceful lately now that I've decided to move out of a big city, so maybe this just corrolates to my current state of mind.

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river? I swim, and swim and swim. It's a darn big river. So deep it might be bottomless and I am NOT happy I have to cross it. To be honest, I am terrified.

Hm. Probably means I don't really want to deal with my PTSD and what caused it. Doesn't mean I WON'T do it - just that I don't wanna.

Q5. What does the water look like? Dark black and rushing - like a huge river would look at night time during a flood.

Of course it's black - that is the color of death (and all other things scary).

Q6. How fast is the water current? Incredibly fast. I am a good swimmer but I don't think I'm going to make it across after I get in. I feel it's quite dangerous and stupid to jump in - but I do.

Well, that would be me in a nutshell. Do what you have to do even if it means you might get killed in the process.

Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what? No. Nothing can survive in water moving this fast.

I don't know if it's good or bad nothing is in the water but me. Perhaps bad. I'm all alone in a dangerous situation with no backup.

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house? White with gold trim - Victorian style, three stories.

I adore Victorians. It would be my dream house if it were restored on the outside too. But as to how that relates to me? Dunno. Would make more sense to me if the inside was ugly and the outside looked normal.

Q9. What condition is the house in? The house is very very old. I'm sure it dates to the mid 1800s. Not really run-down looking outside but I am the only one to want to go inside. I'm sure others just overlook this house because it's not new. But it's beautiful inside. 12 foot ceilings, beautiful woodwork and stained glass. Someone took a long time to restore or keep up this old house.

Perhaps a reference to what I've tried to do with my life for the last few years? I've spent a lot of time money and effort to heal with some success - that no one wants to acknowledge but me.

Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who? No, the house is vacant and peaceful. I am very happy here.

The house was waiting just for me...but again I'm sorry. I dunno. I feel pretty silly since most other people's imagery I read had much better answers. I don't know what it means.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup? Pure shiny black. It's like a mug - ceramic, but with feminine lines and a long curvy handle.

Geez. This was the part of the imagery that was the most frustrating. It didn't fit in with anything else - very out of place. I could see the cup in the field and thought " what the hell is that silly cup doing here?" If it relates to me I have no clue what it means. Same goes for Q12 and Q13. (shrugs..) I just felt like this did not pertain to me much -so I'd love to know what it's SUPPOSED to represent.

Q12. What condition is the cup in? Good condition, no chips or cracks.
    Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what? Nothing is in the cup.

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail? There is a huge cliff that I cannot cross. There are caves underneath my cliff that are unexplorable because of the water.

This part was the coolest to see. I wish I could describe the bluffs better. Yes, it was an obstacle, but I didn't mind it being there. Perhaps this means I've gone as far in my treatment as I'm capable of going for awhile, since I had no desire to even try to cross.
    Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle? Nothing but the ocean for miles and miles. No land in sight. The sound of the water hitting the cliff below me is comforting.

No other land means no people. I would love to be that isolated. And I LOVE the ocean. Again, maybe that means I'm mostly happy where I am for now.

// End The Road Interview "copy between the tags" //

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Ok, a quick overview stands like this; you feel quite naive within life itself, your trusting within intimacy, though hold many secrets surrounding sexual intimacy. You demonstrate a very poor self esteem. You demonstrate naivety towards your support systems, whether present or past, in that maybe they are not what you would like to believe they are or have been for you. Sadness predominates surrounding commitment within your life, like you have been chipped away to your current feeling of sadness.

Your largest issue at present is moving beyond your sexual issues, likely sexual trauma in which you keep most secretive. You literally feel it would be like climbing that cliff in order to move beyond. You see little more at present than moving past your sexual issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar