• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello. Clergy Sexual Abuse Brings Me Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plugh

New Here
Hi all.

Diagnosed with PTSD about ten years ago. Was sexually abused by a couple of RC priests when I was a boy. Did my best to deny its effects on me for about twenty years. When that became impossible I got a therapist and a lawyer. The lawyer was great. The therapist, not so much. I did eventually find the right one for me, thought, and with EMDR was able to take the sting out of my worst memories. Still, even now I have my bad days and nights.

Thanks for reading.

Plugh, Welcome to the Forum. I am sorry you have had to endure your experience, but very happy you have found your way here. Take you time and find your way around. On the Home page are many articles and New Member information.

I wish you success on your journey. Seems like every time I turn a corner someone is expressing one of my travels. Hugs if you accept them, Whitney

Hi Plugh,

Welcome to the PTSD Forum! :)

There is also a sister site: MySexAbuse.org that you may find helpful. The information on these sites and the support of the members here is invaluable as you work on healing.

Take care.

Hi
Diagnosed with PTSD about ten years ago. Was sexually abused by a couple of RC priests when I was a boy. Did my best to deny its effects on me for about twenty years.

Hi Plugh, I registered on this site to be able to comment on your post. I stumbled across this forum. I am in the same in that clergy abuse caused my PTSD, diagnosed 17 years ago. I have despite the PTSD managed to get a university education and work in amazing jobs throughout my career. However, now I find myself unable to work. I have not worked since June 2011 as I was triggered by a situation that reminded me of the priest. I have a very good psychotherapist and have now accepted that I cannot work, (for now) so have focused my energy on healing and getting justice for what happened to me. Wishing you well.

Hi and welcome to the forum. This is a great place. Take your time finding your way around. It is nice to meet you.

I registered on this site to be able to comment on your post. I am in the same in that clergy abuse caused my PTSD, diagnosed 17 years ago. I have despite the PTSD managed to get a university education and work in amazing jobs throughout my career. I have a very good psychotherapist and have now accepted that I cannot work, (for now) so have focused my energy on healing and getting justice for what happened to me.

Good for you. What a devastating situation this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back