1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hello Friends!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Freddy_hiding_less, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freddy_hiding_less

Freddy_hiding_less Active Member

Though I'm not yet sure that I belong in here by diagnose, I don't have any.

My situation contains emotional flashes with flight impulses or something like freeze responses. Specially in intimate or potentially intimate situations with people dear to me. So intimate connections have seldom occured and never lasted.

At this time in life I'm stuck in avoidance.

I trace this back to an always very sick mother that died when I was 10 and a depressed noncommunicative/introvert asthmatic, allthough on that level very reliable father.

I also must say I'm very touched by many of the reports from Your lifes and the sincere support that is given here.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. txmomof3

txmomof3 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. Being stuck in avoidance can be a way of your brain protecting you. The "non-feeling" that comes with it makes life difficult...but I have to believe that eventually the avoidance will decrease. I know that when that time finally comes, the ability to feel the good feelings will outweigh having to sort through the bad ones.

4. Freddy_hiding_less

Freddy_hiding_less Active Member

txmomof3: Thanks! Sure i'ts about protection and the non-feeling i very safe at the moment. Theres is good people around me though i live alone and make very few moves. Connecting beyond very fixed patterns floods we, and the hardest one to cope with is that people I like trigger a longing for kind of symbiotic meelting, distortes reality, and makes communication impossible. It's a all or nothing thing. So I stay on a very long distance to make me able to still think. The sad thing is that not much learning can happen this way.

5. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

welcome to the forum

6. vst

vst Active Member

Hi Freddy and welcome,

vst

7. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Welcome Freddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.