• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello From Complex Ptsd Sufferer @ Oxford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemu

New Here
Hi Everyone,

Really nice meeting you all, I am pleased to be part of the community. I was looking for a long time for a place like this.

I suffered severe neglect since I was just 2 months old, I was physically abused by a family member at the age of 5 - 6, being suicidal since 5 year-old. I was passed around between different relatives and my family also moved around a lot so I never made any friends either. As a result I suffer from Complex PTSD.

I am hoping to start a peer support group in Oxford or Online, if anyone is interested, please drop me a line.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums!

I understand what you mean, I've had my first suicide attempt when I was 8. This stuff can be quite messy. Hugs :hug:

I really like the idea of a peer support group, but takes a bit of work to find and recognize similar people. It's quite useful though, but you often need to seek them out and recognize.

Good luck! And welcome

Hi and Welcome to the forum.
I hope you find the information on here helpful and the people supportive - I know I have!
Regards, Lucy x

Welcome to the forum

We all get here by different ways, ways that I wouldn't wish on anyone...

That said, glad to meet you!

This has to be one of the sanest places on the net, we've a great bunch of members, who really do know what it's like.
Welcome
@

Hi Everyone,

Really nice meeting you all, I am pleased to be part of the community. I was looking for a lo...

Hi there Nemu, Oxford
Welcome to you.
I am down in kent. I would love to know more about your plans for a support group.
Support in my area is nearly non existent.
Stay strong
G x

@Nemu Welcome! :)

One of the best features of this forum is the community of members who really do understand. I hope you find the support here helpful to your healing.

Hi GG2489,

Thank you very much for your interest! I will keep you posted.

Hi intothelight,

I am impressed how supportive people here are. Thank you for your welcome!

Welcome to the forum. Nice to hear you want to start a support group. They seem pretty hard to come by. Maybe partly because people don't realize how much they are actually needed, maybe because people find it hard to speak about things in person to people they don't know / trust. ... I tried to find a support group by my town and there weren't any within 3 hours of where I live! That's when I searched and found this site, I'm so glad I did! :tup::)

You know, sometimes leaving notes around quite literarly works. Something like leaving an informational but short note on PTSD, sexual abuse and so on. So someone can see it read it and get to needed info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back