1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hello - Glad I Found This Site

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by motorjack, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motorjack

motorjack Active Member Premium Member

Hi just found this site , wish i had found it four months ago. Have been of work since may.:drugs:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi motorjack. It's nice to meet you.

Are you a sufferer of PTSD, a spouse, unknown etc... ?

Bec

4. motorjack

ptsd

Suffering since may. I'm having more good days than bad ones. Still having problrms eating and sleeping. The longest i have slept in four months is 2 hrs:pills:

5. DesertDweller

DesertDweller Active Member

Welcome Motorjack, hopefully we can help you get some of your worries of your chest and get you some sleep. Its hard to believe how much good talking about your problems does... feel free to vent, no one will judge. We are all in the same boat here, no matter how we ended up on it.

6. motorjack

thanks

I wish i found this site along time ago. Its nice to read i'm not the only one in hell....:drugs:

7. DesertDweller

Not at all, lets work on getting you out of hell, its not permanent. I promise, you said yourself you have good and bad days, there are good days. Not as often as we would like at the moment but they will come. I am glad you found the site also, better late than never. Have you seeked proffesional help for your current eating and sleeping problems? psych? therapist? councelor?

8. motorjack

on drugs

Yes i have been gettin help, but they are still tweeking my meds to get me stable. I go to the phyis three times a week. wish this never happened as it hurts.... I find that most people dont understand ptsd, including my employer...:think:

9. DesertDweller

You and I are on the same page, if you were to read back on some of my recent posts you would be surprised to how much you and I have in common. We, as a group, understand you. It made me feel a whole lot better when I realized that, hopefully it will help you also. Know that you are not alone in the way you feel. You have now entered a community that cares and looks out for those who suffer as we do. I dont know the specifics of your trauma, but whatever they might be, maybe something completely different than what I have gone through, but at the end of the day we are fighting the same battle.

You cant expect others to be understanding to something they know nothing about. I recently gathered the courage to attempt to fill in my mother in on what is going on with me. Her explanation was the lack of vitamin B in my diet. All I could do was laugh. Its not anyones fault for not being aware of the daily hardships we have to overcome just to make it through the day. I have been fighting a loosing battle with my employer lately. I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes those around us need to be educated on what PTSD is, including employers.

We all wish our trauma had not happend. I could not imagine someone wanting to live life as we do. Unfortunately we can not change what has already happened. We have to learn to cope with those things. I know its hard, we all do. You are going through the toughest times. I know it is hard to be positive but have already made a step in the right direction by posting. All that can happen now is you getting positive feedback and support. Life is full of ups and downs, lets work on getting you up, like I said you already have made an extra step to help yourself.

10. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Motorjack,

Welcome to the forum and glad you found us, as hopefully we can help you to help yourself.

11. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum Motorjack.

12. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Welcome to the gang MJ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar