1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hello - Gory Movies Caused Anxiety

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by aceracc, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aceracc

aceracc New Member

Hello everybody! I'm from east of Europe and when I was 18 i got a big shock watching a lot of very brutal movies with beheading, rapes and other horrible things. I wasn't hospitalized but I was taking tranquilizers about 2-3weeks just to reduce stress and to help me with sleep. Nowdays I'm 22, I think it is better now than before but I still feel very badly I don't now what to do to help me! Sometimes i fell I'm going crazy and want to die.. I want to be happy I want to live me life..:(((((!! I want to be funny and full of vigor I guess I suffer from PTSD but i dont have money to get therapist and In my country there is not a lot of people to help me.. I really suffer so hard.. I have lost a lot of hobby and things that i was interested in before i got a shock.. the worst things are my feelings I fell worthless and strange to myself, is anybody here that is full recovered from trauma ? I have suffered for 3,5 years, i want to fight but i don't know how

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I am trying to gather this and in no way trying to be rude, you think you have PTSD from movies? It just does not happen that way period. You may have an anxiety disorder that flared from the movies which is very curable in time but if you are saying you have symptoms from watching gory movies it is an anxiety disorder but by no means PTSD. If you read the forum you can find plenty of tips to help depression and anxiety nonetheless.

4. aceracc

aceracc New Member

Let's sum up some things:
    - i had something like big shock and nervous breakdown, in some days i went to psychiatrist and he prescribed me - tranxene for about 2-3 weeks.. After Tranxene therapy i got some antydepressant but I stopped therapy
    - i can't imagine worst emotional state than I experienced until now
    - I can't find out what i really suffer from but distress have last for 3,5 years so it seems to be chronic and it is like day-to-day mental pain.. even if sometimes i feel quite good, high stress always come back

5. permban0077

And it all sounds like an anxiety disorder. PD is an anxiety disorder as is GAD and PTSD. What you describe from the brief description is more along the line of GAD (but I am not a doc by any means). You may have seen something that made symptoms flare up but it can be controlled and you can find relief as in what I said before, look around here and you will see ways to do so.

But the first and foremost criteria is did you face death? Have you seen people really die up close and personal? Raped? Kill someone? Bad auto accident? Face death? Molested? Not bad TV that stresses you out and makes you ill.

GAD can cause and does cause what you describe. GAD is still something that needs treatment, but this is not a GAD board. GAD is a symptom we have. Look into the info section on anxiety control and it will help you a lot, but PTSD does not come from a gory film(s) no matter how shocking.

6. permban0077

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread118.html[/DLMURL]

This may help clear it up...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
  7. aceracc

aceracc New Member

yes of course I can read a lot.. i have read a lot of book about depression, one book about post-trauma but still is a big problem that reading doesn't help me in long distatnce.. i need good counselor, i have spent a lot of money for some therapist but in Poland is hard to find someone competent that will solve this.. I'm dying..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar